I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Language reminder
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 09, 2007 03:16PM

Guys,

I'm getting more and more complaints, mostly from parents who have younger sons who access and use this site, about the language here. Most of it is in the form of abbreviations or the use of upper case digits on your keyboard. The thing is, if you can make out what somebody is saying, then it's nearly as bad as if you'd just spelled the thing out.

Please keep in mind that for every person you see make a post here, there are dozens and dozens more who are just reading these posts. This isn't a back room where it's just a handful of guys talking among themselves, thousand of folks read these posts every day. And at least some of them are fairly young or offended by some of the language here.

It's not terribly bad but I wanted to mention this again before things do get out of hand. Thanks. There is usually an equally good way to get the same meaning across without using or alluding to bad language. Just keep it in mind. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Language reminder
Posted by: Russ Pollack (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 09, 2007 03:40PM

Tom, I don't remember doing this, but if I have, please accept my apology.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: Chris Karp (---.netpenny.net)
Date: February 09, 2007 04:25PM

Whats that old saying "STUFF HAPPENS" just not by me, and frankly I don't even like using this form of parady to express a common indiscression, although it did seem to fit the situation. Using all those simulated vulgarities, or regular ones is just the brain freezing and I need to keep mine semi-sharp to comprehend all the stuff that goes on here, cuz mine freezes up enough without resorting to using that stuff

Posted by: allen forsdyke (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: February 09, 2007 04:53PM

i guess that is aimed mainly at me please accept my sincere apologies tom. I certainly didn`t mean to offend anyone ( but i`m still laughing about jessies post)

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 09, 2007 05:26PM

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. Many do it from time to time, probably just not thinking about how many folks read this board. Not a big deal, just a request to be more careful. Thanks.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 09, 2007 05:46PM

I think it was Michael and his bubble syndrome.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 09, 2007 06:35PM

Tom,
It's very rare but sometimes a word I typed is posted as those uppercase keyboard
symbols. A couple times this gave the apperance of one of those 4 or 5 letter words
that we try to avoid using. Would using the "Preview" feature next to the "Post" button
show this? If so, maybe we should all try to use this feature often in an effort avoid any
mistakes.

Is it the forum software that does this or maybe keyboard shortcuts or
avitars that have been set up on an individuals machine?

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Dave Orr (---.nt.internorth.net)
Date: February 09, 2007 06:56PM

Raymond_Adams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tom,
> It's very rare but sometimes a word I typed is
> posted as those uppercase keyboard
> symbols. A couple times this gave the apperance of
> one of those 4 or 5 letter words
> that we try to avoid using. Would using the
> "Preview" feature next to the "Post" button
> show this? If so, maybe we should all try to use
> this feature often in an effort avoid any
> mistakes.
>
> Is it the forum software that does this or maybe
> keyboard shortcuts or
> avitars that have been set up on an individuals
> machine?
>
> Raymond Adams
> Sacramento, CA

Raymond
There are scripts that scan the posts for unacceptable language & sometimes they get a little over zealous. If you use the preview button you will see this before it is posted. The script replaces the unacceptable word with those characters.

Regards
Dave

Fishing is Life the rest is just Details

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 09, 2007 06:57PM

Cool Dave! THANKS!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 09, 2007 08:42PM

My Bad.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 10, 2007 07:51AM

Hey Michael just kidding around with ya, I never heard where Geraldo was?

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 10, 2007 08:16AM

Jason, don't get me started!! LOL...Geraldo is IN the picture.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster