I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Builders at Expo
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 06, 2007 10:43AM

This post from Bill Stevens was made on another thread a couple days ago-

Re: Advance ticket demographics

Posted by: Bill Stevens (ip72-207-217-92.br.br.cox.net)

Date: February 5, 2007 11:30AM

Hope the head count in the Show Place is increased by a significant number of "curious non-rodbuilders" from the local areas. Looking for potential customers for rods as well as fresh blood for our addiction. The Show would surely vaccinate them properly!

The reason that I bring it back up here is to point out that this year, moreso than any of the previous 3, we have added a strong additional marketing element to the event - that of advertising to the general fishing population in the hopes of having them come to the event as well.

We know we'll get a ton of rod builders. That's not a surprise since this is the premier event for custom rod builders the world over. But my long range goal has always been to create an event that is not only for custom rod builders, but also for fishermen who want to purchase the finest fishing rods possible. I want to make this event the place where serious fishermen will come each year to see, and perhaps purchase, the very best in custom rods.

We've always had a few custom rod builders displaying their rods at each of the past events. And some have done quite well. I know that Sammy Mickel sold over a dozen custom rods last year and that he got about that many more reciprocal sales after the event from contacts made at the show. Eventually, I'd like to see several dozen rod builders selling rods and building clientele at this event.

This year we've got 7 custom rod builders displaying and selling rods. While I can't put a number on what we expect in terms of attendance by general interest fishermen, we've put several thousand dollars into marketing to that aspect of the craft as well.

In any event, what we do know is that the attendance by general non-rod building fishermen is growing each year as well. We have a lot of room for growth in this area and will continue to work on it. Eventually I want to see this event as the place for any serious fisherman to buy his or her rods.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Builders at Expo
Posted by: Christopher Tan (---.mystarhub.com.sg)
Date: February 06, 2007 08:02PM

seriously, it will be one heck of a great event for both the custom rod builders and the gen pop fisherman.....

if only we had something close to it over here at the equator

alas, i cant quite just justify spending S$3-4K to get my butt over there for a USD8.00 convention.. perhaps, in some years to come, when i am in the area, and the show is going on, perhaps i could drop in..

-
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day..
Teach a man to fish, he'll be broke!

Date: February 06, 2007 10:29PM

I understand, but I think if you ever did make it to the show, you'd feel it was more than worthwhile.

Posted by: Christopher Tan (203.116.61.---)
Date: February 06, 2007 11:44PM

Just curious Tom,

do you have an specific months where you would hold ICRBE? eg , during Feb, or March etc?

I am considering to go vancouver, canada for my honeymoon next year and put up at my in-laws for 2-3 weeks.. (this could save me a bit of $$).

if it isnt too expensive, may consider travelling down to NC (if it is going to be held there again) for ICRBE if possible.

-

Date: February 07, 2007 10:58AM

The only good month for something like this is February. I'll likely try to keep the same relative dates, the 2nd or 3rd week of each February.

Posted by: Christopher Tan (165.21.155.---)
Date: February 07, 2007 11:11AM

thanks tom, now to persuade my wife to be that vancouver is not far from north carolina..

-

Posted by: dave schaub (160.109.96.---)
Date: February 08, 2007 09:31AM

Hey, do what I did when we went to Colorado for the first time by car, show her a small map and tell
her, "See, it's only this far on the map". Luckily, she has a good sense of humor, especially about riding for
16 hours to get there. Come to think of it, I kind of did the same thing to get her to agree to come to
North Carolina this year.......it's about the same distance from Houston. Do you think she knows my tricks??
May be a little tougher to pull off Vancouver to NC.....try going over the pole....

Posted by: Christopher Tan (203.116.61.---)
Date: February 08, 2007 07:51PM

hmm , considering that travelling one end to the other end by car in Singapore takes only 45 mins max.. i'm going to have to be very convincing..

-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster