I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rooms for Expo
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 06, 2007 11:43AM

Although we sold out the entire block of rooms reserved at the Radisson for the event, they informed me this morning that they do still have a few regular rooms available. They have agreed to honor the same show special price of $85 for anyone else who would like to reserve a room for Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights. Call 336-889-8888 for reservations.

I'd also like to hear from any of you who are staying overnight at locations other than the Radisson. Day's End, Atrium End, Marriot, etc. What price did you get on your room? If you could, please post here just to let others know what is available and at what price. As the hotels fill up I don't want anyone to think they shouldn't attend just because they may not be able to stay at the Radisson. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rooms for Expo
Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2007 12:06PM

The Holiday Inn Express has plenty of rooms. $75.60 per night - Advance Purchase or AARP, $80.00 per night - AAA. It is on the same road a few miles away. Plenty of parking, free breakfast, WiFi, etc.

Posted by: Joe Hepp (205.172.107.---)
Date: February 06, 2007 12:11PM

Dbl queen sized beds @ the Econo Lodge - $59/night + 13% taxes.

Date: February 06, 2007 12:20PM

Is the Holiday Inn Express on South Main Street at Business 85? I'm trying to get an idea where it is relative to the Showplace.

The EconoLodge is just about 3 blocks from the ShowPlace. You could walk from there in about 15 minutes or less. Nothing fancy but very decent.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2007 01:18PM

North Main Street in Archdale.

Date: February 06, 2007 01:45PM

Okay. That's about 5 miles from the ShowPlace, not far off I-85.

Posted by: Joe Hepp (205.172.107.---)
Date: February 06, 2007 02:53PM

"Nothing fancy but very decent. "

I'd like to think that pretty much sums up my life story ...........

Posted by: Steve Broadwell (---.113.40.69.ip.alltel.net)
Date: February 06, 2007 02:53PM

I just made a reservation at the Comfort Inn in Archdale myself. Cost me nothing, since I used my "frequent stayer" points with Choice Hotels. Might as well get some benefit out of all the travel I have to do. They apparently have plenty of rooms left at the regular rate, though, which I think is $59.95 plus tax.
Steve Broadwell

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (66.252.177.---)
Date: February 06, 2007 04:58PM

Travel Lodge 200 Ardale Dr. High Point.$39.00 a night booked through Expedia.com.Two nights with taxes $90.22.I think it was less than 3 miles away.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster