I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

HELP off rod subject need some one from SE Texas or SE Oklahoma
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb2.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: January 11, 2007 03:15PM

In April I am going to Hugo OK. I well be there for 2 months is there any fishing guides in a 100 miles of this small town.
Good Wraps Bob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP off rod subject need some one from SE Texas or SE Oklahoma
Posted by: Andrew White (66.204.20.---)
Date: January 11, 2007 05:15PM

I don't know anything about the guides in that area. But, I do know that Hugo will put you almost exactly between two of Oklahoma's best bass lakes. To the west, McGhee Creek is renowned for BIG largemouth, while to the East, Broken Bow lake holds the OK State record largemouth, but is better known for its big smallies. I'm not positive, but I think that the OK state record brown trout came from below the dam there at Broken Bow lake too.

Just a couple hours south from there puts you at Lake Fork or Lake Tawakoni. Check out www.ets-systems.com/lakefork/services/fishreport.htm for some names of some guides there.

Man, you have it rough. You have to be in big bass heaven right during the spawn.

Date: January 11, 2007 07:04PM

Thanks Andrew unfortuatly I am not a Bass fisherman., that why I need a guide. I am from Western Washington Srtate. I fish, Sturgeon, Salmon, Steelhead and Trout/ Beside that the trip to OK is not for pleasure. We are moving my wife's 82 yer old Aunt to Karen;s mothers house in Olympia. Karen's mother is 76. All she talks about is cowboys in tight pants. She does not like fishing. We well be there for 2 months. I need to get away
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Ralph D. Jones (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 11, 2007 07:38PM

Take a look at 'texasfishingforum.com'. they give good info. Ralph

If at first you don't succeed, go fishing, then try, try again.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: January 11, 2007 08:34PM

All you will find in Hugo is Western Farmers Power Plant and a paper mill at Valliant, Ok. The night on the town is to drive to Paris and eat fried Catfish and Hush Puppies. You will not find your kind of fish there but there are plenty of big flathead catfish that will pull on your arm if you decide to go grabbing in the red water. Stake out the sandwich place about two miles from the power plant toward town and watch for some guys pulling boats. Show them how you spell and they will take gladly take you fishn. By the way enjoy your trip to NORTH East Texas and there ain't no dancing girls in this Paris. Take a radio with you the last time I stayed in the motel the TV in the lobby was not working. From where you live you will be over half way to High Point - come on over!

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: January 11, 2007 08:54PM

They build Power Plants in God forsaken places, but they always have good fishing water close by, right Bill Stevens .

Date: January 11, 2007 11:16PM

Thanks for the info Bill. I was in Plano 3 years ago just for a couple of days. Our friends took us on a fast tour. They took us to the Morton Salt mine. I didn't see a Long Horned Steer or a Oil Derrick till tell we were about 75 miles down the road from the big D. As for the TV program Dallas, the house that was use is stuck between 2 freeways. Bill are you saying these guys talk the way I spell. Heck I am just a Apple picker from the State of Latte coffee stands and Espresso Bars. I am from a town that has a pop. of around 1,800 we have 5 latte house. The wife made a call about DSL service in Hugo. These people thought she was talking about a disease. I thought I lived in the back woods I live on ten areas with nothing but Fir Trees, Deer. The river I fish is less than 1/8 of a mile from my house and the only TV is by Satellite, but I am less than 2 hours from Seattle SeaHawks and the UW
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Joe Douglas (---.povn.com)
Date: January 12, 2007 12:41PM

Bob,

Send me an email. My son-in-law lives in NE Oklahoma and if you can get away for a couple of days, I might talk him in to taking you fishing in some of the big NE Oklahoma lakes. Joe

Joe Douglas

Posted by: mike arnold (---.mannford.ok.mbo.net)
Date: January 12, 2007 09:08PM

Hey Bob
I live in Oklahoma about 65 miles from where you are going if you need to get away and go fish give me a call and we can go anytime.

Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: January 16, 2007 11:46AM

Bob im not in SE Oklahoma but from SW Oklahoma. Any time you are my way call or stop by and i would be glad to take you fishing.
Duncan has some reel good catfish,walleye,bass and hybrid striper fishing.

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster