I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Where`s Putter??
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (66.252.177.---)
Date: November 01, 2006 07:54AM

Just wondering,Saw some posts about Marbeling lately and no response from Putter.Hope all is well on his end.Searched his name and couldn`t find anything newer than the middle of August.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where`s Putter??
Posted by: Stan Grace (69.146.228.---)
Date: November 01, 2006 08:03AM

Putter is still in Williston recovering from a very busy summer filled with attending matters concerning family and friends. He now is probably spending time on a deer stand as well but appears to showing some sign of returning to applying epoxy designs on fishing rods soon. Like many of the less fortunate among us he also has a day job to make time for.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Posted by: Dave Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 01, 2006 08:55AM

Happy to confirm contact with Putter. All's well as per Stan's remarks above.

Dave Gilberg

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (66.252.177.---)
Date: November 01, 2006 09:45AM

Would that be a mableled deer stand??Glad to here he is well.I was a little concerned.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 01:41PM

Yeah Fred he is doing fine and just suffering from "FULL PLATE" syndrome. Life does that to you sometimes. Last I heard he is getting ready for winter (burr) and making the pheasants pay for everything. I bet a nice email would cheer him up.
I cant wait to see what he is going to come up with on the Kids Rod Project. Marbling that baby should be fun.

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: November 01, 2006 02:02PM

Knowing Putter, he is probably backed up with orders for Christmas rods and pens and maybe deer stands (lol). Anyway, we exchanged e-mails this morning. Last year, while waiting for Hurricane Rita, Putter along with Barkley kept my spirits up. I was really concerned (scared ) not of going through the storm but of the aftermath, people fighting for fresh water, ice, gasoline, and food.

Posted by: Ralph D. Jones (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 01, 2006 05:10PM

Pheasants? I bet he marbled his shotgun. LOL. Ralph

If at first you don't succeed, go fishing, then try, try again.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 06:54PM

Last I heard, he was taking care of ill inlaws. Hope everything turned out OK. Sounds like it did. Will hope to see him back soon.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 07:24PM

It's been a crazy late spring to winter period. Thanks for the thoughts from you guys.

Tom K. and I visited earlier about how the folks are getting older and needing so darned much of our time. The wife's dad passed on recently and her mom isn't in very good health, either. We've been away a lot and will be in the future yet helping her out. In the middle of all of this, my time away has developed to a habit, just like it used to be such a nice habit signing in here once or twice a day... I'll have to get back to my old habits...

Ralph, I didn't marble my 870, I just bought camo synthetic stock pieces for it. Kinda LOOKS marbled, though. ;)

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 03, 2006 08:36PM

Putter,

You've got mail!!

Bill in WV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster