I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Visual Wrap Maze script
Posted by: David Rogers (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: October 12, 2006 10:32AM

Hey guys, being new to rodbuilding, I still have difficulties working out the way some wraps are put down. I do have a copy of CRTA and I see how a maze pattern is created. What I am looking for is a maze script for visualwrap that looks like this picture:

[i71.photobucket.com]

I have a script for a single maze pattern not the 4 axis one. If anyone has a script that can help me out, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Dave

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Visual Wrap Maze script
Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: October 12, 2006 10:39AM

Dave, there will not be a 4 axis maze VW script. You can easily create a Double VW Maze wrap, since you already have the single. The reason tehe will not be a 4 axis VW pattern is teh Script window is only 100x100 pixels. To do a Quad wrap you would only have 25 threads total per axis to build the pattern...actually that might be enough for a MAze.

Please post the script you currently have here on this board, & I'll show you how to modify it to make it a double, or possibly a Quad.

PS - Of course I just lloked at teh Photo after posting waht I did, I made a mistake in that a 4-zxis pattern is only a double, so yes it is very easy to exactly duplicate that pattern in VW. Post teh script.

Date: October 12, 2006 11:58AM

Thanks for the help, Billy.

I have just done a VW script that I *think* will work. I would appreciate any feed back you have.

The first script I got from VW website....line thickness needs to be set to largest to view correctly I think.....mine is set at "2".

Original: [members.cox.net]

The one I just made: [members.cox.net]

I'm hoping this will come out like the pictured maze. I might change the colors slightly and I will be putting it on a bigger saltwater glass blank I intend to use for Tuna this fall.

Thanks again,
Dave

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: October 12, 2006 01:22PM

Dave, you got it. For single patterns you use coordinate (50,50) as the midpoint of the wrap, this is the center of the VW Script Window. For Double patterns, you use coordinates (25, 50) & (75, 50) as the center of each pattern, and build out from there. It's pretty much that simple.

How familiar/comfortable are you with VW? There's a trick I figured out on how to "increase" the 100x100 Script Window to accomodate larger patterns or Quad patterns, or to make it smaller for smaller blanks. Here's the simplest way I can explain it to you, it will require a bit of thinking on your part though.

Make a center cross at (0,50), wrap it Up the blank for 100 passes.
Cross X 0 Y 50 Spool_Up 1 Spool_Dn 1 Up band 1 init# 1 passes 100 % 1 !

Go to the end of the line and change the number 1 to 1.5 & wrap it again.
Cross X 0 Y 50 Spool_Up 1 Spool_Dn 1 Up band 1 init# 1 passes 100 % 1.5 !

Notice the second time didn't "close" teh window with thread, there's a space. What I did was change the Spacing to 1.5 times normal, which elongates teh pattern. It also gives you 150 "VW threads" to fill up the screen...change passes from 100 to 150 and you'll see it closes.

The Y coordinate is still 100, you cannot change it to 150, but by using the "PLACE" button in the Script Builder window, you can tinker around to get the pattern to work. FWIW - With the Maze pattern you are working with, you should try to change the direction, instead of just making a standar Maze frmo middle out, make it turn different directions & stuff. You know how to use VW, see if you can go a little outside the box and make a unique pattern out of it.

Date: October 26, 2006 02:47PM

Well....finished this rod and I have fished it a couple of times as well. Ended up hooking into an 8' Nurse Shark. Took me about 45 minutes to get it up to the boat. As soon as I get the ol' disposable camera film developed, I will post up a couple of pics. In the mean time, here are links to a couple of the rod. I did modify it a little to make it somewhat mine...holo thread on the edges n such. Wish it was sunny so you caould see the colors in that holo thread but these will have to do. There are a couple more in my gallery too...

Dave
[www.rodbuilding.org]

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster