I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji Custom Trigger Reel Seat Kit
Posted by: Steven Libby (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 02, 2006 08:02AM

I noticed this kit at @#$%& that includes a FG27C 2-1/2" Cork Foregrip, HPS17N Quicklock Foregrip Nut, and TCSM17/B 17mm Reel Seat Body....[]. Does anyone know...is the foregrip attached to the nut, or could I turn my own foregrip (in favor of say burnt burl from lamar) and attach?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2006 08:06AM by Steven Libby.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji Custom Trigger Reel Seat Kit
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.onsemi.com)
Date: September 02, 2006 08:12AM

Don't know how custom it is, all the parts are available from all the sponsors. There's a tutorial on the Classic Custom Wood site to the left that might help you with your construction of a new foregrip cork. Now just "Gett'r Done."

Posted by: Steven Libby (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 02, 2006 08:25AM

@#$%& is one of the sponsors. I've done plenty of my own grips - I just cant tell if the nut for this seat is available separate or attached to a foregrip.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: September 02, 2006 09:11AM

Why not call or email and ask Mark directly? I would think he'd be able to tell you.

Posted by: Scott Gadsby (71.224.91.---)
Date: September 02, 2006 09:15AM

Steve, it looks like the kit from @#$%& is 3 seperate pieces, the seat, the nut, and the cork grip which needs assembly. I'm pretty sure you will get a nut with nothing attached to it in this kit. If not the nuts are available from the sponsors for cheap, heres a link to the nut, bottom of page:
[www.anglersresource.net]
You cant go wrong dealing with @#$%& btw, great people.
Scott

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.onsemi.com)
Date: September 02, 2006 09:36AM

The HPS can be bought seperately to fit 16 or 17 MM reelseats. It will also work on Pac Bay or Am Tack reelseats as they all appear to use the same thread on their reelseats.

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: September 02, 2006 09:39AM

Thanks Scott!

Steven,

That "kit" is just the three pieces needed. All three are available on their own as well. We also stock the Nut with a regular Stainless Steel hood.
You could make your own foregrip to go on either nut available for that seat.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2006 09:50AM by Mark Griffin.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 02, 2006 12:54PM

I was on Classic Custom Wood last night, RAy's site has a superb tutorial on fitting a grip onto the locking foregrip HPS. I just did a variation of his petal grip in EVA, holy crap is all I'm going to say. Those who migh think his prices are high, might want to sit down and try making oneof those handles - you'll appreciate them a whole lot more once you atempt it yourself.

MArk - you found those KN hooded foregrips, size 18 I hope, lol? IF so, thank you.Also if so, please say so here, so I can add my 2 cents on both of those locking foregrips.

Date: September 03, 2006 11:02AM

Billy,

The Boys at AR tore that place up looking for those numbers and couldn't even find them from JAPAN! Nuttin' in 18mm at all. 16mm only. I'm not sure when they took over as the Importer, but they say those haven't been good numbers since they've been at it. They thought that by the way the numbers were "scrambled" that they might be some kind of knock off. In fact the 16mm's (KDPS16) JUST turned up in the '07 catalog and aren't even on their supplemental price sheet yet.

I later noticed that they DO have an 18mm body (TCSM18/B) sans the nut . I'll call Tuesday to see if that's supposed to work with an HBS17N or if you in fact found the missing link. Stranger things have happened... I had TCSM17/B Seats & HPS17N nuts in stock for the better part of a year before the FG27C Cork foregrip's became available for them.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Date: September 03, 2006 12:06PM

[www.rodbuilding.org]

That picture there shows the size 18, lol. Dont' worry about it, I'll pick them up myself. What a mess, I am a bit baffled by this - Fuji is a STRANGE company. Alconites not in the JApan catalouge, only made for the US market. NPS reel seat not available in Japan, only the US. They sell teh size 16 KN nut as part of the kit as you mentioned, but not seperately. I KNOW FOR A FACT, teh size 16 used to be sold here, as I have a couple of them which I picked up at the last Rodcrafters National Seminar from CG tackle.

IT's a big circle of confusion, lmao. Thanks for searching, I appreciate it.

Date: September 03, 2006 12:25PM

"I KNOW FOR A FACT, teh size 16 used to be sold here".... you mean 18mm, right? I HAVE hooded 16's!

By the way, I brought in that full series of Chrome Alconites. Well almost full.. I think they go to 40 and I went to 30.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2006 12:44PM by Mark Griffin.

Date: September 03, 2006 01:20PM

Oh geez. Now I'M CONFUSED!!! lol. Looking in all teh catty's I have, I don't se ethe hooded 16 anymore. I know they used ot be in them. Just ignore me, I spend too much time trying to decipher the JApanese language in teh Fuji catalouge, lol.

Those Chrome Alconites are sweeties. I have several sets on lighter rods & spinning - they do a great job of corrosion resistance, despite beig Chrome. Honestly, I've seen more corrosion on teh Black guides than teh chrome...but I cannot state that as a fact as the rods are owned by different people and treated differently.

I'm sticking those on an 85 Monster which I'm taking to the Tortuga's in December right after the full moon on the Yankee Capts. THat Ferruled Fuji seat is going on that as well, can't wait to stick a 20# Mutton with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster