I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

veteran rods
Posted by: jim ellis (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: May 26, 2006 09:41PM

I just wanted to make a post to thank every one for the generous support for Jason McNamara's project. It turned out auwsome. Jason was suprised and could not even express himself. He really did appreciate the support. Jeff did an excellent job with the presentation. Today I had several locals stop me on the street to tell me how much they enjoyed going to see the BEAUTIFUL FISHING RODS. Most people could not understand how the rods were such a work of art. SO I just want to say thank you for your support.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: veteran rods
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: May 26, 2006 11:04PM

Glad to hear that it went so well, guys. Way to go!

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 27, 2006 06:23AM

What a fitting story for this weekend.These guys deservere everything they get plus more.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: May 28, 2006 12:49AM

I'm a 'Nam vet as several other builders are. I salute the effort.

Stan

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 28, 2006 12:47PM

After we had presented the rods and all the tackle, tackle box, fishing trips, a pheasant hunt, etc., Jason was sitting next to me and he was just glowing. Understand that this is a young man that is kind of quiet and keeps his feelings somewhat to himself. I heard him tell his friend..."I feel like I just won the lottery", as he grinned from ear to ear. With a lengthy rehab to get out of that wheel chair...he's been down in the dumps alot. I think being home with his friends and family has helped. But he has to head back to Walter Reed in DC tomorrow. I know he's excited about the rods, fishing trips, etc. Alot to look forward to as his recovery progresses. His friend has a pontoon and they brought Jason out on it and went fishing this past week so I know he is anxious to get out and use them. If you guys could of seen how excited and appreciative his whole family and all of his friends were. I know its a benefit to see a recently wounded veteran recieve this kind of gift as it lifts their spirits at a time when they really need it. But it also lifts the spirits of those who care about them and love them because its been awhile since they have seen the smiles ...and seen them get excited about something. Those are feelings that just dont seem to surface very often in a hospital setting. I think after this weekend, It has become apparent to me that what we are doing with this project is playing an important part in a recently wounded soldiers recovery. Doctors working in these settings claim that keeping a patient in good spirits and giving them things to focus on other than their injuries is crucial in a succesful recovery....both physically and emotionally. I think we helped Jason and his family have something to look forward to in his very near future.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 28, 2006 12:59PM

You sure did, Jeff!! Great project and looking forward to may more!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: ray krebs (---.tsa.dhs.gov)
Date: May 29, 2006 07:59PM

This is my second attempt at this e-mail I don’t know where the first one went.

It was humbling and an honor to have worked on Rods for Vets Project #1. Jeff count me in on Project #2 or #3 if #2 is booked up.
Ray

Posted by: Ron Walter (---.inwave.com)
Date: May 30, 2006 03:36PM

Jeff and the whole gang.

What a great story and effort. My hat is off to all who participated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster