I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Exposition Additions
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: May 18, 2006 12:37PM

The huge success of the National Rod Builders Show these past 3 years has led to inquires for booth space from folks a bit outside of the realm of rod building. While I don't want to move too far outside the focus of rod building, I feel that if the companies are at least reasonable related to what we do, I'll consider them as vendors.

Today I learned that one of the world's largest and most popular supplier of wood lathes and turning supplies would like to attend as an exhibitor/vendor. Seems like a good fit since so many of us own and use wood lathes and related products in our custom rod building work. I won't name them for the time being, but all indications are that they'll be on hand.

Another company, a major player in the high end fishing reel market, has also asked me to send them an exhibitor package. Too early to tell what they'll do but since most custom rods eventually get fitted with reels I'd probably sell them space if they want it (they're a major manufacturer - not a dealer).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Exposition Additions
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: May 18, 2006 01:28PM

Sounds great to me! The more the better, in my opinion. Anything that can be used in conjunction with rod building is a plus, in my opinion! I'd love to see someone selling exotic woods

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Steve Buchanan (---.36.102.166.ip.alltel.net)
Date: May 18, 2006 02:16PM

Mike...Have you checked out Classic Custom Wood from the sponsors column?...they got some really nice exotics.....Maybe Tom can interest them in coming and offering their wares.....Just a thought....Or possibly, you as a rod builder, might let them know that you would be interested in seeing them there....

Steve Buchanan

Steve's Custom Rods

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: May 18, 2006 02:39PM

Ray was at the Show in 2005, and had to back out of 2006 because he was moving into a new home or re-modeling his currnet one. I hope to see him and his son Gabe, really nice peopel and tehy do awesome work. Didn't Andy have some insert wood?

Date: May 18, 2006 02:42PM

Ray has already told me that he plans to have a booth at the 2007 event.

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.231.14.111.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net)
Date: May 18, 2006 03:10PM

Mike I had over 200 pieces of stabilized exotic wood in my booth in 2005....I sold about 30 of them. And those 30 pieces were divided between about 7 different people. The problem is that only about 5% of the TOTAL rodbuilding community actually turn wood...it's a very small group of us in the grand scheme of things. Most people want the wood truned for them.

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing

Date: May 18, 2006 04:20PM

Steve, As far as I know, Ray (Classic Custom) doesn't sell wood.
Andy, I know what you're saying (I was one of the few that bought some from you) I know that no one is going to sell a ton of it but I still wish that someone would have some available (both stabilized and natural). I think that more and more builders are getting into turning. Stabilized may be out of many's price range.

As usual, I'm probably wrong, but I still wish..............................

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: May 18, 2006 05:30PM

There will be plenty of wood turning stock, stabilized, impregnated and natural, at the 2007 event. Plastics and acrylics too.

Date: May 18, 2006 06:17PM

AWESOME!!!!!! Who's bringing it?

Mike (Southgate, MI)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster