I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Alps Printer
Posted by: John Blair (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: April 19, 2006 10:31PM

I would like to buy an Alps MD1000 or 1300. I bought one on @#$%& and never got the printer. Had to go thru pay pal to try and get my money back. The seller has disappeared. OH well...........I am afraid to do that again. Does anyone know where I can buy a used one..........(DON'T TELL MY WIFE.......SMILE) i SHOULD REVIEW THAT EXCUSE THREAD.
Thanks,

Big John
Rio Hondo, Texas
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alps Printer
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: April 19, 2006 10:35PM

Big John any real reason for the alps, there are better printers, but if its the one you have to have, I'll do some looking

Posted by: John Blair (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: April 19, 2006 10:40PM

Hello Tim,
I chose Alps because that is what most people, I think, make water slide decals. I am not very technical when it come to something like that. I know that inkjets don't work worth a @$#%$^%^ and I read that laser printers weren't as good. Maybe I am wrong. Your email is hidden so I would appreciate what you could do.
Thanks,

Big John
Rio Hondo, Texas
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Posted by: Steve Broadwell (---.23.29.71.ip.alltel.net)
Date: April 19, 2006 11:01PM

From what I have read, the Alps is about the only printer, outside of a many thousand dollar commercial model, that will do a good job on decals. It will print white and all sorts of metallic colors. Too bad they are so hard to get. I would like to have one.
Steve Broadwell

Posted by: Simon Oakley (---.qld.veridas.net)
Date: April 19, 2006 11:50PM

There is a company in Australia that sells the Alps MD1000 new called Aust-N-Rail. If you google Alps printers on wwwgoogle.com.au to include only pages from australia you will find them. They are brand new with out warranty for only $318.18AD or brand new with warranty for $572.73AD.
Simon
PS at the moment $0.75USD is worth about $1.00AD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2006 11:53PM by Simon Oakley.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: April 19, 2006 11:55PM

Big John
I'll look around and see if I can do better than aussie prices Plus shipping
bigfishbite@gmail.com
I'm a retired computer junkie and have all kinds of connections give me a couple days

Tim

I have found a couple for sale some new some used contact me ASAP,
one of them may be gone in a day or two

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2006 12:20AM by Tim Hurst.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.airservices.gov.au)
Date: April 20, 2006 04:26AM

John,
As Simon said above, they are still avialable here new. The ones without warranty have no cartrigdges but are brand new. I bought one of these and it has never missed a beat. He will send them overseas and it is pretty cheap as well. If you want any further info email me.

bearclawrods@iprimus.com.au

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: April 20, 2006 07:45AM

I have a Refurbished 5000, which is pretty much brand new, I printed abotu 1/2 page of decals and that's it. I have over $300 invested in it, and I know they are near impossible to find, and expensive when they are found. I've got a few metallic cartidges, regular cartidges, and a big pack of the better waterslide paper that Decal Connection sells.

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 05:41PM

John,
I just bought one of those from the company that Simon suggested. I think he had the thing shipped out the next day. Very quick service but it takes like 3 weeks to get here (by ship I imagine). Randy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster