I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Easyweave
Posted by: Rob Hale (---.ord.scnet.net)
Date: April 11, 2006 09:40AM

Has anyone tried the new Easyweave looms? Looking for feedback on how well they work. Is color change possible with these?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Easyweave
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: April 11, 2006 09:58AM

I took a good look at the Easy Weave Loom at the recent National Rod Builders Show in Charlotte back in February. Very nicely made and fairly inexpensive. The quality is high but the price is low. These are made by Stan Lothamer and represent a tremendous value in a standard weaving jig. You can do about anything with it except a full 360 degree weave, which is something that to my knowledge, only the Wonder Weaver from Renzetti will allow to do.

Easy Weave is a sponsor here and you can find their link in the LH column.

The Volume 9 #3 issue of RodMaker will have plans for making your own inexpensive weaving jig. I suspect many will opt to make their own once they have actual plans available, but when you consider the low price of something like the Easy Weave model, you have to weigh what your time is worth against just spending a few bucks, getting a nice product and going right to work.

Re: Easyweave
Posted by: Johnathan Sams (---.pool.dslohio.net)
Date: April 12, 2006 09:08AM

Purchased one at the BIG show in February and have to say that I love it. Great weaving aid and better than any other for under $100 that I\'ve seen. Stan is a great guy and will advise you on what you need. He really spends a lot of time making these as nice as they are.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster