I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Northwest Rod Building Event
Posted by: Emory Harry (67.170.180.---)
Date: April 10, 2006 10:54AM

The Northwest rod building event is over but we had such a good time I wish that there were going to be another one next week. Todd Vivian and Lamiglas were great hosts and should be thanked for their hospitality.
At the pot luck dinner on Sat. night I counted about 125 attendees.
American Tackle, Pac Bay, All American and Batson Enterprises had nice displays and gave interesting talks on their products.
Andy Snedden brought several hundred Canadian shrimp that he caught that were great and much different tasting than other shrimp that I have eaten.
Bill Stevens sent us a huge box of his Gut Bombs or Alligator Sausage or whatever he calls them but they were delicious and everyone enjoyed them.
There were a bunch of excellent presentations but I think that Putter's marbleizing may have been the most popular at least until he wanted to start marbleizing all of the bald heads in the group.
Everyone that can should try to keep the first weekend in April open next year because we are definitely going to do it again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Northwest Rod Building Event
Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 02:15PM

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast product lines would also like to thank everyone for coming. This was an excellent event and I beieve that all that attended had a great time. We enjoy coming to these events and showcasing our products. Thank you to the industry and the Lamiglas team for making these kinds of gatherings happen.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises..

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.lamiglas.com)
Date: April 10, 2006 03:21PM

I also would like to express my appreciation for all that attended. There was a great turnout and we had 11 very good demonstrations on top of the product reviews from the folks from All American Rollers, American Tackle, Batson Enterprises & Pacific Bay. Scott Gimbert from Mud Hole and Andy Snedden from Custom Rodbuilders Supply were also here representing their company's.
The Boudin and Prawns were a wonderful addition to the BBQ and thanks also to all of the locals that brought side dishes.
Also thanks to Putter, Michael Williams, Joe Kassuba, Bill Batson, Bob Lee, Laurie & Steve Gustlin & Darrin Heim for their donations to our door prizes.
The dates for next years event will be the 6th, 7th & 8th of April (2007)

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Andrew Toynbee (198.239.63.---)
Date: April 10, 2006 03:29PM

I second Emory's sentiments--a first class event, thanks to Todd's efforts.

As much as I enjoyed the excellent presenters, I also enjoyed meeting and learning from others who share my passion for rod-building and fishing.

My only complaint is that the food was too good. I had a food hangover on Sunday morning from eating so much great food.

Thanks again to Todd, Lamiglas, the presenters and suppliers, and the folks who came to the event. I can't wait until next year's gathering.

Andrew Toynbee
Chehalis, WA

Posted by: Stan Grace (---.hln-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 07:29PM

I was well rewarded for attending this event by not only winning a door prize of All American Roller Guides from Laurie and Steve but by some really great and informative presentations as well. The opportunity to meet and converse with so many extremely friendly and knowledgeable rod builders as well as suppliers capped off the the event. I too want to publically thank Todd for taking the time and making the effort to stage this gathering.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: April 10, 2006 09:44PM

Well, I got home safe and sound and my hat is really off to all who helped put this one on. It was a great time, although finding out that Bob's spell checker is actually his wife left me with nothing to marble...

Thanks, Todd-hosting this event is no small potatoes and you did a great job!

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Bob Lee (---.sub-66-174-92.myvzw.com)
Date: April 10, 2006 11:35PM

Thanks everybody. This was the best event ever! As usual, I learned something new everytime. Much gratitude to all the folks who took the time to do the demostrations. (Darvin, I know everybody would look forward to seeing your awesome machine next year!)

Good friends, great food, and excellent demostrations! I can't wait to go back.

Todd, thanks again for opening up the facility and being a great host amongst your busy schedule. You are truly generous. Next time I will make sure to bring the whole company down for the event!

Bob Lee
Pacific Bay International, Inc.

Posted by: Steve Satterfield (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 11, 2006 01:25AM

I had a great time and would like to Thank Todd and Lamiglas.
I learn something new each time I go and try it out as soon as I can.
As I thought My Wife took my Putter pen as soon as I showed it to her.
Don, Josh has put the hand wrapper to work and is wrapping and trying chevrons already.
Thanks again.
Steve

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster