I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Cool stuff.....
Posted by: Andy Dear (---.231.14.143.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net)
Date: April 09, 2006 10:52PM

Good evenin' folks,
Just thought I'd give you an update on what's happenin' down here in Texas. We've got several new products that will be up on the website this week, as well as some exciting news from CTS in New Zealand.

3CC SYRINGES will be available starting this week. I'll have them on the webpage hopefully tomorrow w/pricing.

MIXING CUPS will be available starting this week as well. I'll have them on the webpage hopefully tomorrow w/pricing.

DISPOSABLE BRUSHES will be available starting this week as well. I'll have them on the webpage hopefully tomorrow w/pricing.

COLOR PRESERVER should be ready very shortly. I received several samples last week that were 90% of the way there....just a bit more tweaking is all that's required. FYI, the samples I received were better than what is now on the market.

POWER REAMER ADAPTORS will be up on the website this week as well.

We are now oficially introducing RODMASTER EPOXY; A premium structural adhesive for gluing handles, reelseats etc...packaged in our unique dual chambered caulk tube. Automatically dispenses equal parts of A & B with no measure, no mess and no waste.

And last but not least, a project that Stephen Pratt and I have been contemplating for sometime.... CTS will be releasing a line of "mid-level" moderately priced blanks based on their already popular Tournament Series tapers. These blanks will be the same tapers as the tournament series, however they will be manufactured using a traditional "industry standard" scrim based layup utilizing a high modulus graphite.
For those of you looking for a super high quality less expensive alternative to the CTS helical core multi-modulus layup the soon to be released "Sport Series" will fill that void in the CTS line-up. These blanks should retail for around $60.00 each, and will be available in Bass/Walleye/Light Saltwater tapers.
As a sidenote the folks at CTS have just invested in a whole new set of tooling that will allow them to make all their blank lines not only stronger, but lighter as well (I don't know how they could get much lighter than they already are?)

I am also working on a project right now that if it reaches the light of day, will be very rewarding not only for me personally but for rodbuilders around the world. As soon as all the I's are dotted and T's crossed I'll reveal a little more, until then.....

Regards,

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing Products

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cool stuff.....
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 12:36AM

FAR OUT!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 10, 2006 01:19AM

Andy,

Will this new line of blanks be available in different colors as the current line?

Bill in WV

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 06:58AM

Andy,On the epoxy does the tip mix the epoxy on the way out as do several of the 3M adhesives I use for other purposes??If so is a new applicator need for each application??Keep up the good work but get a little fishing in too.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 08:04AM

When can we also expect you to appear on American Idol? Or better still with you official hair do how about the Ultimate Fighting Series - you and Liddel would really cause a stir! If those are not interesting enough you know I have connections with Monday Night Raw and could arrange a personal appearance.

Your last paragraph teaser -

Please don't tell me you have figured out a way to manufacture and mass market a "Clyde De Gator" wif Cajun Music to compete with "The Floppin Billy Bass"!

I don't guess anything is sacred in entrepanureal type business ventures.

Go for the gusto!

Fsh No Mo

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.231.14.214.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 09:04AM

Last week my 3 year old nephew was watching American Idol, as soon as that guy Chris comes on stage, he goes running into the kitchen...."Mom! Uncle Andy's on American Idol"

Fred, yes I do have static mixing tubes available if you want them, but they are a "one time use" deal. The tip that comes with the resin is simply a 1:1 dispense tip that does not mix. Right now I am giving away 1 free static mizer with every order.

Andy

Posted by: Craig Sawtelle (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 10, 2006 10:07AM

Andy..............All good news!

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: April 11, 2006 07:44AM

I see only a few missing things from the "Big Bald Buck" rod finish line of professional tools at present. I will consider subleasing our agreement with the Swiss for the New Sterilized Titanium Sensi Exacto Proline Tripple Dot Ergonometric Knurled Heavy Duty Dental Explorer. This tool permits exact placement of controlled quantities of finish in in critical locations, i.e., guide tunnels and between double foot guide frames. They are presently ecomomically priced but your business plan could greatly decrease upfront cost when you purchase in the multiple gross lot quantity. I will maintain control over the flexible sanding stix that you did not notice in Charlotte. Lance send him a complete set of all grit sizes through 1500 so he can drool!

Engineering Department - Swamp Boyz Rods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2006 01:14PM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.231.14.239.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net)
Date: April 11, 2006 09:19AM

Bill,
I did notice them...you made it a point to make me notice them!

ANdy

Date: April 11, 2006 03:50PM

Andy,

In your zeal to answer all questions and unveil new products and tease us with plans of more, you must have overlooked my question. So, I'll put it to you again. Will the new line of CTS blank be available in semi-custom colors as the current line is?

Bill in WV

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.231.14.163.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net)
Date: April 11, 2006 05:53PM

No they will not be available in any custom colors. The reason being that there are many of you who have expressed concern over the price of the CTS Tournament Series. And while the Tournament Series is an incredible value if you compare the overall quality, construction and color choices to blanks of nearly comparable quality (SCV, GLX etc...) I also understand the need and demand for a moderately priced non-asian made product that meets a certain price point. We will offer the blanks in either one standard color, or in the P2000 buffed natural graphite finish. At the moment I am leaning towards the buffed graphite because a quality custom paint job does increase the cost a bit. In addition the goal is to stock heavily in all models for immediate delivery, and that would be impossible to do considering CTS offers upwards of 20 color choices.

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing Products

Date: April 11, 2006 11:47PM

Andy,

Thanks! Understandable. Good choice on matte buffed finish, it'll make it easier to paint the blank the color you want.

Bill in WV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster