I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

guide question
Posted by: Al Ciner (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: April 09, 2006 12:59AM

Has anybody used Fuji BLAGS for guides on a spinning rod and if so how well did they work? I'm thinking from the choke guide to the tip.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: guide question
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 09, 2006 01:26AM

This type of system is probably the most popular with rodbuilders. Also use them on casting rods, spiral wrapped or guides on top.
I don't always use Fuji guides, but I use the concept system almost exclusively.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 09, 2006 01:49AM

Use them or similar American Tackle (better choice of ring/frame colors on just about everything up to and including musky rods

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Steven Libby (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 09, 2006 06:51AM

Al - I banded BLAG's on a spinning rod once but ended up going for something higher after not getting the placement/test results I wanted. It might have just been me, or the reel I was using. BLAG's on casting rods, on the other hand, work out great for me.

Posted by: Chris Karp (---.netpenny.net)
Date: April 09, 2006 11:52AM

I run BLAG's and CLAG's alot on spinning rods. The only trouble I have run into is there closeness to the blank, and the possibility of line slap along with the small dia ices over easier in deep winter, and being harder they are some what more brittle. Alconites are lighter and harder than Fuji Hardloy, and in a sz. 6mm ring they save even more weight and the barrel on the BFAT is about a 1/3 shorter than the regular Fuji Hardloy tips. There is definately a comperable weight savings (apple to apples frame style) up until you ger to the sz 25 spinning guide which weighs more than a Fuji Hardloy. The hardness jumps from 1400 to 1700 on the vickers scale and the Alconites are substancially cheaper than SIC's at about double the cost of Fuji Hardloy guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster