I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Are You Going to Woodlad rod get tograther?
Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 08:48PM

Are you going to Woodland next week (7 8 9 of April) If so come up and say hi or email me. I would like to meet you. If this is your fist rod show I guarnte you well come back for more. You well meet a great bunch of guys,(like my self)LOL besides that you can meet Emory's spelling protégée
Good Wraps Bob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are You Going to Woodlad rod get tograther?
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: April 01, 2006 12:21AM

I am not entering any spelling bee that has you in it, Bob. Nobody can beat ya; no way. You're the champ-een speller of da world.

I'll see you there, Bob.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Emory Harry (67.170.180.---)
Date: April 01, 2006 10:03AM

Bob Balcombe,
You are toooo much. From your post it looks like you overloaded your spell checker again. Check the fuse to see if it has blown again or are you using some sort of code again?

Posted by: Jim Sawyer (---.tci.com)
Date: April 01, 2006 05:51PM

Wouldn't miss it - Always good folks and info exchange - I missed last year because of other obligations and still regret it.

If people spent more time on important things, there would be a shortage of flyrods.

Posted by: Joe Kassuba (---.dhcp.knwk.wa.charter.com)
Date: April 01, 2006 10:35PM

It is going to be fun and informative. I am hoping that a few necomers show up to gather in all the great information and demonstrations that are planned. Thanks Emory for all you local folks do- your hospitality is great.
Joe Kassuba

Date: April 02, 2006 10:55AM

Joe,
It will be nice to see you again but you want to thank Todd. He does almost all of the work with help from his wife Janet.
I think that we are going to have quite a few newcomers this year.

Date: April 02, 2006 06:01PM

I also want to thank Todd, his wife Janet, Emory and I am sure there is a host of ot heres that need thanks. I also want to thank all the vendors that are also going to be there. From what I have read and been part of in the past this get togather well put the past shows to shame
Good Wraps Bob

Date: April 02, 2006 06:21PM

You caught me again LOL, mater of fact I had comp. problems and forgot to use checker
Good Wraps Bob PS: One thing is for sure about my spelling. Not one word, is spelled the same. My spelling constantly changes. Question, who is the rod builder that spells (the) teh? That is a good one.

Date: April 02, 2006 09:02PM

Bob,
I have read that psychologists do not believe that spelling an indication of intelligence. If that is the case then you must be a bloody genius.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 02, 2006 09:18PM

You have to give Bob credit!!! Anyone can spell a word one way! Bob takes "Creative" writing to a whole new level. Keep it up, Bob. You're a true word artist!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: April 02, 2006 10:22PM

Emory I am not a Bloody Genius, But I am a 3rd generation bloody Englishman. Matter of fact. My sir name came from a town South of London in Sussex County.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2006 10:48PM

His punctuation needs work, but he spelled everything right. Give Bob a gold star.

Date: April 02, 2006 11:42PM

Bob,
All Billy does is mix up a few letters. You add letters, subtract letters, put letters in that do not belong, take letters out that do belong and generally just mix them up. I have heard of random number generators but you are a human random letter generator.
You are improving though Bob. If you look at the subject block above there are ONLY two words mis-spelled out of eight..

Mike,
You're right creative writing AND creative spelling to a whole new level.

Spencer,
No, don't give him a gold star. His spelling is so bad that his computer blows a fuse every time he calls up the spell checker. I think that he has been buying over size fuses by the box to try to keep the spell checker working.
But he is such a really nice guy and takes ribbing so well that he makes it fun to just give him a hard time.

Date: April 03, 2006 01:25PM

My grammar check does note work (LMBSO) Laugh My Back Side Off :)
Good Wraps Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster