I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Diamondite Rod Finish?
Posted by: David Wells (---.202.140.67.ip.alltel.net)
Date: March 30, 2006 11:46PM

Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of Diamondite rod finish? I'm quite happy with ThreadMaster but I picked up some of this to try out of curiosity. It's not a 50/50 mix like epoxy but is mixed in a 1 part activator to 2 parts base ratio.

David

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Diamondite Rod Finish?
Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:20AM

David,

We've stocked Diamondite for about six months now. You can read features/benefits by clicking the "Swifty/Diamondite" link to the left, but I can tell you the #1 reason that customers RE-order Diamondite is it's set-up time. If you look at the instructions that came in your finish, you'll see that you can greatly accelerate the curing time by adding heat from a light bulb. The fact that you can make it "go off" and be tack free in about an hour is a big deal if you don't have a clean-room or dryer box. This greatly reduces the chance of having dust, lint, gnats or any of the other wonderful air born things in your garage getting in your finish while it's setting up. We have several volume customers that like it just because it frees up their dryer motors so quickly.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 06:58AM

how does the working time of it compare to other epoxies, like thread master?

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2006 08:57AM

You have about 45 minutes to an hour to work with it.

Do a search here on this site for "diamondite" and you can turn up additional information on it.

Date: March 31, 2006 08:08PM

Mark, you are actually the one I purchased it from (several months ago). The one thing I was/am unclear about is whether or not the added heat from the light bulb is actually necessary for curing. The first thing I thought after reading the instructions was that it might be one of those products that cure by light (UV?), as opposed to heat. Guess that's not the case...

David

Date: March 31, 2006 09:02PM

Mark, nevermind. I found a post by Tim Campbell explaining it in detail. I almost always do a search before posting a question, but usually don't have much luck. Then when I post a question like this one without searching I end up finding there are detailed answers to my question. Maybe it's my search terms I need to work on...

Tom, my apologies for the redundant posts.

David

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster