I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Med/Heavy Spinning Blank Advice
Posted by: Jim Pizzale (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 09:16PM

Looking to build myself a 7' , 15/25 or 15/30 saltwater spinning rod. Looked at the StCroix SWS 7'0, any other options you guys like? Gonna build it for myself, no dollar limit, just want to build a really nice treat to myself. Open to any suggestions, guides,blank, etc. This is about my 25th pole, finally feel like I can do a really nice blank justice! Thanks...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Med/Heavy Spinning Blank Advice
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 09:44PM

Look at the CTS colored blanks. Ive heard they really cool!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 26, 2006 10:07PM

The CTS blanks are awesome to say the least! Check with Andy Dear at Lamar Fishing on the left! They are great blankls (at least the 2 that I have are) and can be ordered in some outstanding colors. Top notch quality/finish

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Paul Reyburn (---.boeing.com)
Date: March 27, 2006 06:42AM

i just helped a guy build a Lami CGBT 841ML..Fugi ,MNSG or LVSG guides would be nice

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2006 08:23AM

There's the Rainshadow Musky/Saltwater graphite blanks, neither are exactly 7 ft, but that's fixable.Then there is the GUSA BSW70MH. The Calstar Grafighter GF 700L.

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: March 27, 2006 09:29AM

I second the Grafighter 700L. Check out the 700ML if you want something a little beefier.

Posted by: Quinn Canfield (198.182.55.---)
Date: March 27, 2006 11:15AM

I just finished a rod last night for myself that meets your requirements. I went with a American Tackle 645 (Mag Bass) blank, 7' one piece. This is part of their Matrix line. I have not put the rode in the water yet, but American Taclkle has been great to work with and the rod look really good. I used American Tackle Halograpic guides and I designed my handle. The handle looks simmilar to the Shimano Calcuta spinning rod handle.
Can't wait to use it!

Posted by: Quinn Canfield (198.182.55.---)
Date: March 27, 2006 11:15AM

I just finished a rod last night for myself that meets your requirements. I went with a American Tackle 645 (Mag Bass) blank, 7' one piece. This is part of their Matrix line. I have not put the rode in the water yet, but American Taclkle has been great to work with and the rod look really good. I used American Tackle Halograpic guides and I designed my handle. The handle looks simmilar to the Shimano Calcuta spinning rod handle.
Can't wait to use it!

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: March 27, 2006 05:17PM

I'm not seeing the 645 in the Mag Bass Blank. I'm guessing you meant the 846.

Posted by: Quinn Canfield (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 28, 2006 06:39PM

Sorry, ment to say 845.

Quinn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster