I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Lamiglas Big Bait Special
Posted by: Brent Schneider (---.atgi.net)
Date: March 22, 2006 02:47PM

Hi guys & gals.
Can someone help me out? I dont know much about Lami blanks. I usually deal w/ St Criox. Can someone tell me what blank is used in the Certified Pro Big Bait Special? Model XC807.
Thanks
Brent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2006 02:47PM by Brent Schneider.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lamiglas Big Bait Special
Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.r09.tncphl.infoave.net)
Date: March 22, 2006 03:28PM

Brent -- That is a relatively new blank model. It is within the IM series of blanks. The model is IMC807. We are a distriutor for the Lamiglas product and the newer IM blanks are some of our best selling blanks in the Lamiglas line-up. Just let us know if we can be of any help assisting you. You can shoot us an e-mail to -- customtackle@united.net or give me a call at 931-684-6164.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Date: March 22, 2006 05:54PM

Bob, thanks for the quick reply. What series of blanks are these? The only IMC807 I could find on the Lamiglas site is a 6.8 casting rod.
Is this blank not on their site yet?
Is it the IM700 series?

Brent

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.r09.tncphl.infoave.net)
Date: March 22, 2006 07:24PM

Brent & Others - I stand corrected. Too quick of a reply without thinking about rod model numbers and actual blank model numbers. I responded too quick without double checking. Actually after I did check into it more, the blank is a GLB 93 1MH. This rod to blank conversion came from Todd Vivian at Lamiglas. The GLB 93 1MH is a new model in the 2006 blank catalog, not sure if it is on the Lamiglas site yet.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2006 03:00PM

Brent,
A lot of the rods in the power range you mentioned are salmon backbouncing blanks. The Rainshadow SW 967 and Calstar Grafighter GF800XL are also being used.

Date: March 23, 2006 04:09PM

Thanks again Bob.
Spencer, that is what I am finding also, that many of them are the Salmon/Steelie blanks.

Thanks Guys

Brent

Date: March 23, 2006 04:17PM

Bob, how can I get hold of Todd (email?)
That blank (GLB93 1MH) is still not the correct blank. That blank is 7'9" not 8'
its 15-40 not 15-30 and the lure weight on that blank is 2-8 not 3/4-3 1/2.

These are the #s I got from the Factory rod on the Lami site.

Thanks Brent

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2006 06:27PM

Brent,
When you see ratings for lure weights they are not always for the same thing. Sometimes they are boat use weight, ie: trolling, jigging, mooching etc. Usually if your going to cross use a blank you can take the boat use weight and half it to get a close estimate of the casting weight it will carry. Lamiglas does have a GLB961MH, maybe they have a typo. Another 2 pc. backbouncer they call Willamette Special is built on the GLB 902M, so I don't think we're to far from the tree.
Todd Vivian is at todd@lamiglas.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster