I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Let's Suppose.............
Posted by: Chris Karp (---.netpenny.net)
Date: March 15, 2006 04:00PM

Geeezzze Don't rub it in, haven't been to disney world either, bearly made it to Disney land on our family's cross country National Lampoon Vacation road trip back in 68'. We saved out milk money for the trip by eating ceral with a fork and passing the bowl of milk on to the next kid.

I can readily see the restrictions of such an event, I was unclear as to the location, just hoping it might come to a theater near me sometime in the future so I could start saving for that prospect, but still have the old stand by: 16, 34, 21, 48, 28 and power ball number 6. Really I don't waste cash on the lottery either, just thought it expresses the lighting strike odds of me attending this worth while event.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lynn Huffman (24.199.174.---)
Date: March 15, 2006 05:08PM

Tom,
Too many clues for locals not to know whereof you speak.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 15, 2006 05:28PM

Doesn 't matter, the deal should be sealed tomorrow and then I'll make a formal announcement.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2006 06:26PM

I'm in - and will likely do as the NERBs and expand space. I liked their concept and am working on a similar DelMarVa group.

Posted by: David Spence (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2006 06:27PM

If you're familiar with North Carolina, you know exactly where Tom is talking about-the things mentioned in the first post give you all the hints you need-I won't spoil the surprise!

Date: March 15, 2006 08:03PM

I will be able to reduce the booth cost a bit and plan to offer the table set ups again as well. It's also possible that phone and electrical hook-ups will finally be affordable. I think more folks would like to have electricity and phone lines for credit card machines, rod dryers, etc. But the high cost has prohibited most from doing it. I had hoped to have a phone hook up in my booth so I could send live photos back here from the show floor, but at $400 just for the phone line I had to forego it.

I'll know tomorrow afternoon if this is going to be feasible. All indications are that it will be. The bottom line, if this goes through, is that we can do a bigger and better show but charge everybody less than this past year. We'll also have a more user friendly place in which to do it.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2006 08:44PM

For sure $95 for electricity; $20 for a chair additional if you wanted any special "decorations" (carpeting) on top of the "basic" costs for the space was just a bit pricey. I never considered a phone line I was already reeling from the other "incidental costs". Heck I've provided my own tables, backdrops, chairs, carpets, table covers for other shows and didn't mind at all -- because going in the per foot space cost was less. On a side note all that did was allow me to spend more money with other vendors on their wares - which really means that everyone does better.

Date: March 16, 2006 09:40AM

An intereesting turn-about ... the folks at the Fly Fishing Show have asked to lease space from us for their 2007 event. It seems they want to attach their event to the rod building end of things. I guess they do realize which show is the major draw at this point.

Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.ferc.gov)
Date: March 16, 2006 10:01AM

I'm guessing this mystery city is 26 miles from where I went to college. I"m thinking the AmTrak from New York to New Orleans goes too far west for the mystery city to be the state's capitol, although your other clues are things I'm clueless about. And I don't think there's a city in NC west of the one I'm thinking of that has a building like the one you posted on the photo page.

Gee, this is fun. Between this puzzle and the start of the Big Dance today, I can see my productivity plummeting.

Posted by: thad peach (66.129.100.---)
Date: March 16, 2006 06:01PM

Good photo now I know exactly where it is. Wondered what that building was when I drove by. Guess I have it pretty good then I had the Charlotte show in my lap and now I will have to make a short worthwhile drive up to the northeast on a popular interstate.

Keep up the good work

Thad

Thad
Dutchman's Creek Tackle

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster