I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

decals and labeling
Posted by: Brian Lehl (---.clspco.adelphia.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 05:43PM

I was wondering if any body had information on where to get the decal paper you can print with your computer. My china marker skills are horrible and I need a better labeling system. Any and all labeling suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: decals and labeling
Posted by: Peter Maltby (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 06:08PM

We have some decal film for both Inkjet and Laser printers. Clear or white 8 1/2" x 11" sheets. Few more options that are self adhesive, Hologram effect, Metallic Silver Gold and some Glow in the dark. A couple of the products require printers that can handle thick media.

Peter Maltby
[www.ackfishing.com]

Toll Free 866-285-0673

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 06:49PM

Don't waste your money printing them on an ink jet printer!!! Print one out and set it outside for a few days and watch it fade away! Give Deb at Decal Connection a call or e-mail and get it custom made in metallic gold or silver for a few bucks.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 07:09PM

Inkjet printing inks on clear decal paper disappear on a dark background, too. It would have to be put on over a very light or white background to be seen.

Inkjets just don't work well at all for custom rod decals, especially throwing in what Mike said above (and try it, he's right).

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Peter Maltby (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 07:13PM

Decal film works with Laser printers also.

Posted by: Larry Laurent (---.sip.btr.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 08:09PM

If you want to do it yourself, and do it right, buy an Alps printer and print you own water slide decals in metallic gold or silver or full 4 color prints to go on light backgrounds.
Otherwise, buy the decals from some place like Decal Connection or someone else who can make the water slides for you.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 11:11PM

Yea Brian,
I have tried unsuccessfully for a long time to make my own decals.
You need an ALPS printer or have them professionally made for you.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: John Blair (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2006 12:57AM

Where is the best place to buy an alps printer.........I like Decal Connection and their price is right, but I like adding things to the decal person's name, line wt, lure wt, etc and you have to order one at a time. It just would be more convient for me to print them in the shop........

Big John
Rio Hondo, Texas
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.elnk.wvfibernet.net)
Date: March 13, 2006 10:46AM

good ol' @#$%&. There's a few there now. Bidder beware .of course, but,I have gotten them there & so far ,so good. ( six good ones-one clunker)Check feedback score,

MD-2010, or Citizen Printiva 700 will do, An MD-1000 is a little easier to command.new drivers are available on www.alpsusa.com.
If you get one be SURE to tell the seller to NOT SHIP WITH CARTRIDGES IN THE PRINTER- damage will result !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster