I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

I guess sales were that good ??
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.147.113.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 11:19AM

Not that I am greedy but I would have thought there would be a few sales of excess products not sold at the show ? Guess sales were that good no one has any thing left ? LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I guess sales were that good ??
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 01, 2006 11:28AM

Sales were beyond good - they were great. At least 3 dealers I spoke with doubled their sales over the previous year's show. I need to contact the rest and see how they did.

As far as some crumbs left over, I'm sure there were some, but the bottom line is that if you want these kinds of savings and selection, you've got to attend. Nothing else like it.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.147.113.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 11:34AM

Well one good thing is that from reading your posts on the show, it will be much better next year.
You have no idea how bad I feel that I could not afford to go. Just to watch some one doing a butt wrap I know I could have picked up tricks

Posted by: Steve Buchanan (---.36.102.166.ip.alltel.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 12:30PM

Bill... I went and it was phenomenal. My wife even got interested in my rod business after attending the show. I sure wish you could have come. You are one of the ones that I especially look forward to meeting in person. I was a little dissappointed that some of the names that I had wanted to put faces with, couldn't make it but I did get to meet Tom and Billy Vivona, and Putter. I tell ya Bill...three nicer guys don't exist than these. I had had Tom and Billy figured to be old farts like myself because of their tremendous knowledge of this craft. I sure was shocked to find that Tom is a young man and Billy is just barely past a kid....but what an awesome talent...and a great and fun guy to hang around. As for Putter....if you haven't met him...thats enough reason to go next year. I felt like I had found my long lost brother when I met him. Anybody who don't like him just don't like nobody. If there had been no sales...or no seminars...If there had been only the chance to meet some of the great people who share our addiction,then it would still have been well worth the expense and effort. I hope you are able to make it next year...as for me and my wife....barring some disaster.....We're there !!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 01, 2006 12:39PM

I don't know if 50 is young, but compared to Ralph I guess it is.

Date: March 01, 2006 12:46PM

I'm 50 too Tom...but the difference is... I look it and you don't...I'm just jealous...LOL But really, the show was a changing event in my life. My wife and I are going to finally share in something that I have wanted her to get interested in for a long time. I can't begin to thank you and all the great people in this forum...Words just don't do it adequately.

Steve Buchanan
Steve's Custom Rods

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 01:15PM

Sure enjoyed meeting you two also; Guinn should have a 900 number just so I can hear that sweet southern belle voice one in a while to cheer me up, Steve!

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.45.61.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 01:28PM

That makes me feel better Steve LOL If things go as they started for the year, I should make it. I like the idea that Tom was saying of making things better for the next show. Even to watch Billy do a closed wrap in 20 minutes LOL I could see some of the little tricks people like him use. Not much on crowds though, don't even like crouded bars. Like the little ones where no one is in. I know next year that show will be jamed backed. Also sounds like it should be a 3-4 day event. Just in order to see it all. Just wish customers would give more feedback instead of how they like it so much. Heck they can't all be that good ??

Date: March 01, 2006 01:38PM

Now that's a thought....LOL

Steve Buchanan
Steve's Custom Rods

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: March 01, 2006 01:51PM

I dont' know how many people were around, but one of teh funnier 2 minute DEmo's I put on was wrapping a band of 18 threads at one time. I cut down teh time to do a closed wrap from 20 minutes to about 9. lol. I think a few pictures were taken when I did it, lots of jokes and laughing right there. No more dares, please.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.162.79.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 02:54PM

Heck Billy, I was kidding when I said 20 ? 18 threads WOW, I have played with about 12.
But I have also found that the more I do at a time they don't lock in . So I tend to go for less in order for the threads to " lock " better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster