I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Last one on Charlotte!
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 06:26PM

Without in ANY way taking anything from any of the great people/vendors/seminars, etc at Charlotte, I have to say that the highlight (at least for me) of the weekend were the areas occupied by the NERB's (Billy, Michael, Sean, John and Al, who I believe is at least an honorary member by now), the Swampland guys, Bill, Lance and his beautiful wife (she got the best of that deal), Ken Preston and JT Timberlake, all of who put up money to be able to display their awesome work and, best of all, to SHARE it willingly with all of us less talented, artistically challenged souls!

THANKS, GUYS!!!!!

Mike

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Last one on Charlotte!
Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: February 28, 2006 06:46PM

Mike - thank you. That really, really means a lot to me. I'm sure the others you took the time to mention feel the same way. The NERBs main goal was to go there and answer questions, demo techniques, promote thread art, and have a really really good time while making a lot of new friends in the process. We succedded on all counts. We also were hoping to cover the cost of teh booth, and possibly make a little towards a booth next year as well. I appreciate everyone stopping by and purchasing something from our booth, supporting us, and allowing us to have a successful show. I still have to sell a few more books to break even on teh cost of printing them, but I'm working on that.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 08:38PM

Billy,

I ran into Italo Monday as we were leaving and he was looking for you. He forgot to get a book. He still wants one. A note to you left coast guys who will be going to the Fred Hall show. Doc Ski will have some of his books at his booth. Believe me, they are worth every penny!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 08:53PM

Billy, save a book for me. I'm going on vacation next Tuesday for two weeks, but I'll get in touch with you when I get back.

Tony

Posted by: Sean Endres (---.37.157.246.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 09:23AM

Mike, thank you, and it was a pleasure to meet you!! I really enjoyed wrapping, doing demos, and answering questions for everyone. Looking forward to next year already. Many thanks for all who stopped by our booth.

And I do consider Al one of us, and I am sure the other guys do also.

Sean Endres
North East Rod Builders
New London, CT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2006 09:28AM by Sean Endres.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster