I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Super Show
Posted by: Rick Bennett (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2006 06:06AM

Tom Kirkman you are the man. What a great Rod Builders Show. The vendors were fantastic, the seminars were very informative and the reception was great. My only complaint is I spent too much money, lol. I really got some great bargains and some new things that I had not seen before. The wife got tired of lugging things back to the hotel only to come back and find I had another bundle. See you next year!
Thank you and all that were part of the show.
Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Super Show
Posted by: Pete Kornegay (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: February 27, 2006 06:31AM

Ditto, Rick.....except for the wife part. Mine stayed at home and I will pay dearly for that.

Outstanding show!

Pete Kornegay
Camden, NC

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 27, 2006 10:33AM

Outstanding, Second to none, Awesome, Wonderful.......and more. Tom, as I told you walking out the door, another one bigger and better than last year, Thank you for the wonderful learning experience again! Now I have real problems, I O, I O, I O, so back to work I must go. Spent way more money than planned, but I did that last year too. (Wife told me I could not buy anymore blanks until all of them went out the door finished.) In addition to that problem, Oh my sore legs, I must have walked 50 miles in two days. It did not hit me until I had been home about two hours. The only consolation to this is, that it is a warm up conditioning excersize before I start walking these western NC trout streams the first of April. For now it sore lower legs. Renewed many friendships and meet more new faces.
The prize for the most blanks sold (aka trash can rods) goes to Andy Dear. I saw one person that looked like they had about 50 rods. First thing Sat. I could not see the trash cans for all the people. Only thing you could see is the rod tips going up. Late Sunday, the inventory was low and some prices reduced even more. Now there was room to look carefully look at the rods. Even tested a few on Putter's head. Good rods, but poor head! I think he was getting ready to marble Andy's head.
"Biggest wallet" prize goes to Bob Makamey's son. I ask him if his commision was 10% of every thing Bob handed him. That young man had green stuff flying at him so fast, he couldn't decide where to put it, the bag or his hip pocket. He told me he did know how to spend it. Wonderful experience seeing a young generation with interest in rod building.

But everyone else won the grand prize for attending the wonderful show! Already looking forward to next year.

Ed Smith
Flat Rock, NC

Posted by: Joe Preast (---.243.40.162.ip.alltel.net)
Date: February 27, 2006 12:30PM

It was definately an excellent show. I, like most others spent a wad. Sure was fun though. LOL! Ended up buying a flocking gun with an extra can and several flocking kits, a weaver, some blanks and other rod building goodies and a powerwrapper/ lathe. My F-150 4X4 Lariat was loaded with more than just options when I left. It was flat full. LOL! Met alot of great people. It is cool putting faces with names. The format of the show was outstanding. The rod builders section was definately more crowded than the fly fishing. Very enjoyable and informative show. Tom, you da man!!!!!! Keep up the great work! And your planning on making it better???? I dont know if us builders could take it. Our wallets will definately be straining. Thanks a bunch.
HAGO!
Joe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster