I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Message to all No. Cal. rod builders
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2006 01:20AM

I would like to set up a gathering of rod builders in the No. Cal area soon.
No ideas of location or venue yet but wanted to post this. Dereck McMaster
and myself have been discussing this on-line and we are going to meet soon
and I thought about a invatation for others to partisipate as well.
Email me or Derek with any ideas or thoughts if you are interested.
Rod Builders from Sacramento, Chico, Stockton, the Bay area and anywhere
in between are incouraged and invited.

Thanks all!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Message to all No. Cal. rod builders
Posted by: Darvin Geiszler (---.propel.com)
Date: February 26, 2006 07:25AM

Have some interest dates appreciated .You also have a excellent up at the Woodland Washington April 7,8,&9th Lamiglas have form if interested

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2006 11:54AM

Raymond,
Darvin is right. All of the rod builders from Northern Calif. are more than welcome at our event at the new Lamiglas plant in Woodland, Wash. on the 7th, 8th, and 9th of April. In fact, there were a couple from Northern Calif. there last year. There will be rod builders there from Canada, Alaska, Idaho and as far away as Florida and North Dakota. It is free and not affiliated with any organized group so everyone is welcome.
There will be quite a few excellent presentations, displays by component suppliers and generally a lot of camaraderie and fun. We should have a complete schedule in a week or two.
Anyone planning to attend should e-mail Todd Vivien at Lamiglas to register so we can keep track of how many there will be and also to get information on motels etc. if you need it. Also anyone needing a ride from the airport in Portland should let us know. Last year there was about 100 that attended and this year we expect quite a few more.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2006 11:38PM

Davin,
If you have the form in soft copy e-mail it to me please.
Thanks!

Emory,
I would love to make it up there!

My aim is to try and meet and have an informal chat with some of the local builders in my area. Swap storys and @#$%&
and trade knowlage etc:

Depending on the responce and from where they live I would like to arrange someplace in the middle of the area so
no one has to drive to far. I have only received a couple of repys so far and it looks like Lake Berryessa would be a happy middle ground but that can change.

I'm thinking about around the first of April or end of March as possible dates. A possible discussion regarding a car
pool to Washington by be in order.

Anyone in the area who has not already responded PLEASE DO!

Thanks,

Raymond Adams

Posted by: Darvin Geiszler (---.propel.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 10:10AM

Raymond need your E-Mail Address .I live In Lodi Stone Throw away.Darvin

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 10:10AM

Raymond,
If you can put a car pool together of builders to come to Woodland that would be great. If you need any help with directions or motel reservations or anything like that just let me know.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (69.241.124.---)
Date: February 28, 2006 10:16AM

Darvin,

RCAdams1957@msn.com

You can also click on my name in any post for that info.

Talk to you soon!

Thanks Emory! Will do

Raymond Adams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster