I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Orange Metallic Thread
Posted by: Aaron Cavanaugh (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: February 24, 2006 08:49PM

Is there such a thing? I've got a couple guys wanting it on their rods.

If not, any suggestions?

AC
FishinFreaks
Rogers, MN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Orange Metallic Thread
Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: February 24, 2006 08:57PM

Let me know if you find some cause I need it too.....could use metallic yellow as well

Derek

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 24, 2006 09:29PM

Derek,
We think Madeira makes 3 or four yellow metallic colors. My better half remembers a #303 Lt Ylw, and the other was # 25. Maybe also a # 325.
Aaron, about the closest orange we've seen was more a peach color.

Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: February 24, 2006 11:22PM

all I have seen is FLOURESCENTS but no metallics in yellow....at least not anywhere I have looked.

Will admit it is a little hard to judge colors with even my computer monitor though

Derek

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 01:08AM

We looked on the Dakota Collectibles site. Looking at the Madeira thread color chart ( which just has the color numbers with no pictures) under metallics it shows four yellows. We haven't quickly found the site with the real color charts, but we'll see what we can find.

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.onspeed.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 08:40AM

The closest to orange that I have seen is Sulky #7042 Rainbow Prism Peach. The on-line color charts don't show really show the colors that well so you would have to see it in person to see if it is what you want.

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:07AM

Please disreguard my reply - I though I found Orange metallic in Madeira thread but upon more checking the orange wasn't shown.

sorry

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2006 09:22AM by Milton (Hank) Aldridge.

Posted by: KeithTymchuk (---.sttlwa.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 11:10AM

Great minds think alike!

I need the Orange Metallic, too!

Bob...Where do I find that Sulky color chart?

Someone previously suggest a double wrap....silver under and orange over to achieve a metallic look. I would have to play with that though.

Keith

Posted by: Keith Tymchuk (---.sttlwa.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 11:20AM

Never mind Bob,

I found the Sulky site.

That 7042 sure looks "peachy" colored on the site....Is it more orange than that in person? I need Beaver orange.

I'm building a rod for a friend...who will give it to his son as a gift. Son is a student at OSU...So I thought metallic black and metallic orange would be pretty hot Beaver colors.

Should build a rod in Beaver colors for Mark B. (LoL!) What do you think????

Keith

Posted by: eric riggs (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 11:53AM

I just use metallic copper for orange, and metallic pale gold for yellow.

Posted by: Aaron Cavanaugh (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 12:41PM

What's the Sulky site addy?

AC
FishinFreaks
Rogers, MN

Posted by: Chris Karp (---.netpenny.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 12:52PM

MET. YELLOW
Tell you what. I've looked at a great many met GOLDS, some look like met silver in flat light, hardly recognizable as Gold. There is a great many variation in Met Golds....I have also noted this variance happens in met fishing lures SO way back in the day when I was looking for a met gold lure, I noticed some MFG's produced what I call a met "Yellow Gold" and always bought these. WELL check out Gudebrod Met. Glity-Gold 9009. It could go either way but it does look a bright yellow. This may fit the met yellow ticket. One patron of this site even spoke of lightening this specific met 9009 color by laying it up with met. pearl, wrap for wrap. The eye also takes in an amalgamation of colors. I put yellow chart highlight bands inside a hunter green mainfield and the yellow chart appears to be a green chart. This may only work with light highlight colors that are one of primary colors needed in the make up the mainfield color. So the eye distorts, the best flo red you will see is hot pink in a black mainfield. go figure

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.onspeed.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 01:12PM

Kieth,

The peach would probably be a pretty close match to the Beavers colors.

Mark B. fish with a Beaver rod... never!!!!!!.

Aaron, link to Sulky site: [www.sulky.com]

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 03:16PM

www.threadart.com/thread/metallic.asp shows the Madeira line. It only shows the light yellow # 303 and a #28 that sure looks orange to me.

Posted by: len fearn (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 04:28PM

have a look at these colours from the uk site [www.madeira.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster