I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Just wondering....
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2006 06:37PM

Is there a Cabela's somewhere along the "southbound route" down 95 / 85 / 77??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just wondering....
Posted by: John Richardson (---.dsl.mindspring.com)
Date: February 23, 2006 07:20PM

I wish I there were but unfortunately the answer is NO. There is, however, a Bass Pro Shops in Concord Mills which is just up I-85 North from Charlotte.

John

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 23, 2006 07:22PM

I don't think Bass Pro handles Rodbuilding supplies and blanks.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: February 23, 2006 07:26PM

KEN - GOOGLE ==> www.CABELAS.com ... RETAIL STORE LOCATIONS ... [www.cabelas.com] I don't know where you're traveling thru, Ken, so go see for yourself. ... There is a Cabela's Nationwide Showroom Locator Map there, and links for Directions. ... Couple that Cabela's information with a www.MAPQUEST.com Zip Code Search, and you will have a map + directions to a location between you and Charlotte, if one is convenient, within just a few minutes.

I was at the Cabela's Showroom in SouthEastern Pennsylvania, in Hamburg, PA, about 20 miles from Allentown, PA (where Dale Clemens used to operate), 2 summers ago. One could easily spend several hours, if not several days, and a king's ransom, there. If that highway corridor is an option after the Rod Show on your return trip home, it is worth the excursion. The indoor trout ponds and mountain-side hunting mounts makes it a MUSEUM as well as the most widely stocked outdoors outfitter imaginable. It has 6 ACRES of INDOOR showroom !!!

Drive safely, Ken. ... And have a great time in Charlotte, ... -Cliff Hall+++
I didn't win the $6 million JackPot Florida Lottery last night,
so I am stuck at home in Gainesville, FL for the weekend. ...
Waahahaa!! ... Shake some nice RainShadow Surf Rod Blanks for me !!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2006 07:49PM by Cliff Hall.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: February 23, 2006 07:29PM

There are none on this side of the county. Not sure if there is even any this side of the missippi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2006 07:30PM by Steve Gardner.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2006 08:09PM

Well there's one in Pennsylvania that I've been promising myself to visit. With a Bass Pro not more than 10 miles away from me now I just thought I'd give the "other guys" a shot at my money.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2006 08:26PM

Ken,It is worth the trip.I travel 2 hrs to get there although we usually make a camping trip out of it.Golden Witch is not far from Cabellas also, although they dont have weekend hours(if that floats your boat).The Penn amish country is not too far away(approx 45min) also some good shoppping outlets if the family need to go along on the trip.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: February 23, 2006 08:28PM

If it is too convenient a tourist attraction, it's more likely to be glossed over by the locals. ... Years ago, on a trip with my wife & son back from FL to NYC, I turned down a dawn trip to go plugging for stripers along the Rockaway beaches from an old friend. I told him, "Sorry, Joe, I wish I could, ... We're going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan tomorrow morning, at 9am to meet an old friend of my wife's." ... As you can imagine, my life-long fishing buddy said with a guffaw, "Cliffy, you have NEVER been to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in your 20 years of living in NYC, and you're gonna start TOMORROW?!!!" ... I don't think Joe had any hits that morning, ... but two nights later we both got SPOOLED soaking bunker for stripers there. ... Who knows ?

Anyway, don't take too much for granted, ...
Life happens ... -Cliff Hall+++

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2006 11:04PM by Cliff Hall.

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2006 09:36PM

Hey Ken I see they got your web site back up.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Posted by: TIM HOUGH (71.224.105.---)
Date: February 23, 2006 09:55PM

BE ADVISED!!! Cabelas in Hamburg PA no longer sells blanks at their store!! They did when they first opened, but the display was always a train wreck...customers just jamming blanks back in the bins willy-nilly...header cards torn off, etc. It was just too much for the staff to keep up with. They still sell components, but not everything that the catalog has and they handle only a select few rod kits. A great store with a ton of nice stuff and fabulous taxidermy displays of amazing trophy animals (better than any natural history museum by far), but disappointing for a rod builder.

Enjoy,

Tim

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.starwoodbroadband.com)
Date: February 23, 2006 11:36PM

Well if you are headed for Charlotte you don't need to consider buying components elsewhere.

Waiting on you Ken..............

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster