I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Name Tags in Charlotte
Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: February 22, 2006 09:50AM

I know this sounds goofy, but last year I met so many people, in such a short period of time - I ended up forgetting everyone's name within seconds. I know I'm not alone. It makes it a lot easier to carry on a conversation if you aren't standing there trying to figure out if you're talking to Frank, Jeff, or Bill, lol.

Hello, my name is Billy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Name Tags in Charlotte
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2006 10:36AM

I will have name tags available at the RodMaker Reception, but only a couple hundred builders stayed over for that portion of the event. I expect a few more this year but overall the vast majority of the builders don't attend it.

Anyone who wants to be known on the show floor should bring their own name tag. Even, the bulk of them aren't people who visit this site.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 22, 2006 10:38AM

This may not be so goofy after all! Remembering someones name is vital in the learned skill of salesmanship. You learned how to apply finish and you can also do a lot better job of remembering names if you do the following:

1. Listen - Your CB radio operated in two modes - receive and transmit - you have no chance of remembering a name if you are in the transmission mode and never hear it at all.

2. Repeat it back to the person immediately - Hi there Billy with XL Rods nice to see you again.

3. Make it ring a bell ---- ding a ling --- You are that guy with the Devil Suit and the goatee!

4. Make it mean money to you - If you remember my name I will pay for the Wine Glass with the Roller Guide.

Four things may be too much for you to handle while you are loading up so I will wear a Big Name Tag! You may not need to see the tag because I will wear a Chef's Jacket certifying completion of studies at the Culinary Institute while selling Jerky!

Here We Come!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 22, 2006 10:42AM

Bill, your suspenders will mark you!!!!!

Mike

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: February 22, 2006 10:51AM

Bill - I will recognize you from your suspenders. The more frequent posters on teh site I have no problem remembering, it's all the other guys who I meet, then 2 more people come over, before you know it here are 8 guys in a circle, and I'm in 3 conversations at once, have to use the bathroom - and I dont' know anyone's name, lol!

Distinguishing features make it easier to remember people: Bill & his suspenders, my Goatee, Mark Crouse's other part of my Goatee, Putter's moustache and undeniable voice/accent, Italo's suit & heavy moustache...he also had a funny accent. Andy Dear's shiny head

Posted by: Steven Cox (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: February 22, 2006 11:50AM

That is very sound advice Bill. But I have now found it much easier to remember names ever since I took that Sam Carnegie course...........or was it Dale?!? Oh well, I'll just bring my reading glasses and check out those name tags carefully. Anyway, thanks angain for the advice Bob. See you in Charlotte.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2006 12:43PM

You'll know me 'cause I'll have a Dragon on my shirt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2006 12:44PM by Jim Upton.

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: February 22, 2006 02:02PM

The Batson Team will all be wearing the same shirts with our names embroiderd on them. You won't miss us.
We will be leaving tonight to drive to the airport in Seattle ( 2 hr Drive). We will be traveling all day thursday, to be able to set up all day Friday. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.
See you all soon.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast Product line
877-875-2381
batson@batsonenterprises.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: February 22, 2006 04:40PM

I've got a hundred or so blank stick-on name badges if anyone would like one. Would be happy to drop them off at one of the booths if any of the booths want to make them available. Don't know how many there are in the pile, I only need one.

Stan

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 22, 2006 04:47PM

Stan - Stop by Swampland and deposit the tags in Clyde's mouth which will be open when the show opens! He will be glad for anyone to reach in and get a name tag without closing down too violently!

Swamp Boyz

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: February 22, 2006 06:32PM

Bill, I'll do it. Might have a couple hundred tags. I'm sure Clyde can handle the appetizers. See you in a couple days.

Stan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster