I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

new to the site and wanting to learn all i can
Posted by: andy blake (---.zoominternet.net)
Date: February 20, 2006 09:36PM

hello all im new to rod making well never have done it as of yet.. but wanting to learn im a father of 1 3 year old daughter and have spent 2 years of her life away over seas in several different countries.. air force..... now im back and want a great hobby any info and help you can give me would be great... now i said i was new to rod making but im not new to fishing... im a catfisherman at heart.... my best has been 41# blue cat caught out of the james river in va... also under my belt is a 35# flathead and several nice channel...i recide in wv near huntington... if your interested in catfishing let me know im a member of a free nonprofit site with over 700 active members....that love to talk about fishing...... any way back the the reason im here... i want to make a catfishing pole and start making them for friends and family....not sure on what all goes into this but it looks real addicting....thanks for all the info

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new to the site and wanting to learn all i can
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 20, 2006 09:41PM

I assume you're in Virginia? The National Rod Builders Show is taking place in Charlotte, NC this weekend. This is the world's largest event for custom rod builders. You can find almost any product that is offered by anybody anywhere in the world for rod builders this weekend, all under one roof. There are also a ton of educational rod building seminars plus a couple for beginners wanting to get started.

Jump on I-77 south and come to Charlotte this Saturday. You can read more about the event here:

home.earthlink.net/~nationalrodshow

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.231.14.6.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net)
Date: February 20, 2006 09:43PM

ANdy,
If you make it down, stop by my booth. I have a metric ton of American Made blanks at blowout prices...perfect for the beginner who wants a super high quality product at a great price. I'll be happy to help you however I can.

Regards,

Andy Dear
www.lamarfishing.com

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 20, 2006 10:01PM

Andy Blake,
I guarantee you that Andy Dear will set you up with some good blanks at an increadably good price. If you can't make it to the show contact him at Lamar Fishing. I own several fly rods that I got from Andy that I probably would not have bought elsewhere. Andy Dear, if you read this, knock em dead at the show. I won't be there, my wife wants to go to Costa Rica.

Posted by: Wylie Wiggins (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: February 20, 2006 10:35PM

Glad to see you found the website Andy,
As the others have mentioned the show would be a really good way to get started building fishing rods.
Have fun Andy.

Tight wraps and lines,
Wylie

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2006 10:48PM

Andy -
You are within "spitting distance" of Mark Crouse one of the finest rod crafters in the country and a superb individual with seeminglingly endless talents. If you make it to Charlotte or not you need to "hook up" with Mark.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2006 10:48PM

Using the search function at the top of this post and setting it for all dates should give you a pretty good hit on catfish gear.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster