I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Want to buy fancy cork grips
Posted by: moushka wells (---.gci.net)
Date: February 11, 2006 11:09AM

I am looking for a source for fancy cork gips for both spnning and fly rods. Does anyone have some good resources? I don't have room to turn my own.

Thank You

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Want to buy fancy cork grips
Posted by: David A. Fuller (---.region6.ang.af.mil)
Date: February 11, 2006 11:33AM

I would suggest you look at Mudhole Custom as they carry fine quality cork grips that have a nice wood end cap in many different wood colors to match or compliment the reelseat insert. The grips I'm speaking of , I believe are made for/by American Tackle. I use them and am very pleased with the results.

Good Wrappin !
David A. Fuller,
Great Basin Fishing Rods
Full-Time RV'r Traveling- n- Fishing
www.mytripjournal.com/FullersBigAdventure

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: February 11, 2006 11:36AM

Check with the sponsors on your left of this page. By fancy ! you mean cork grade, correct
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.123.---)
Date: February 11, 2006 12:29PM

Check with Lamar as he sometimes has grips made from Exotic cork.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (147.145.40.---)
Date: February 11, 2006 01:20PM

Angler's Workshop had some grips make with regular cork and alternating bands or varied cork burls on display in the shop for sale.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: February 11, 2006 06:47PM

Another way to go with spinning/casting grips is to go with a fancy wood buttcap like the ones at Inserts By Les to the left. Doesn't take much room to make a nice grip, split grips can be turned on a drill bit in your drill, little more than a foot of room needed. My first grips were all done by hand on Coast Guard boats, just needed some files and sandpaper. They look good still. You just got to take a stroke and than rotate the rod so you keep everything even as you take off the material. www.georgescustomrods has a few tutorials that can help you. Just takes time.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.48.113.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 10:39AM

Check out the photo board under handles and find ones you like. Then email the builder and maybe he can make you up some. Also check out this site and find a builder close to you " less shipping " [www.tackleworks.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2006 10:43AM by bill boettcher.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster