I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Denver Broncos Wrap - Creative Brain Freeze!
Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 08, 2006 02:52PM

Hello all,

The local H.S. wrestling team that we sponsor has asked me to build a custom for their Coach as a gift from the Boosters. The "Tartans" colors are red, black & white and I about had a wrap all worked out in my mind when I got another call from the Booster President saying that the Coach was a HUGE Denver Broncos fan and they wanted the rod with Broncos colors.

This is a 7' spinning rod with a New Concept guide layout. I've done Broncos colors before, but always on double foot guides with under wraps, giving me the opportunity to get plenty of blue and orange on them. These BLAG's however are a different story!

I'm having brain freeze here trying to come up with something other than orange wraps with a blue trim band(s) or vice verse. It's just so plain! I scoured all 18 pages of wrap photos in the gallerys and didn't really come up with anything.

Does anyone have any bright ideas, or do I get with Mr. Putter for the short course on marbelizing?

Thanks,

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Denver Broncos Wrap - Creative Brain Freeze!
Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 08, 2006 02:58PM

Orange overwraps, 4-5 spiral band of blue in the middle with white trim bands?

Posted by: Jim Kastorff (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 08, 2006 03:17PM

you want fancy, I'd do a weave of the Bronco's logo and weave the guys initials tween the first and second guides.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 08, 2006 04:49PM

Actually, Denver isn't really the "Orange Crush" anymore....dark blue overwrap, orange spirals, white trim.

Posted by: Bill Worden (64.78.145.---)
Date: February 08, 2006 05:22PM

For guide wraps I did brown wraps with white trim 1/3 of the way in from each end. and then purposely apply a little to much thread coating. You get nice little footballs.

Posted by: Wylie Wiggins (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: February 08, 2006 07:33PM

Mark,
I am not really a football fan so the exact orange it may not be but Kencor rod blanks are orange.

Tight wraps and lines,
Wylie

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: February 08, 2006 08:15PM

Check the photo board for an "oranged" up rod... LOL!! Our local HS team colors are orange and this guy's son LOVES orange, so orange it was!

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Tom Loucks (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 08, 2006 10:37PM

I have just completed my idea of a Broncos rod . It is my first freshwater rod. I built it as a birthday gift for my daughter in law. Orange and blue with white inlays.I used the blue zirconia guides and a reel seat with matching hoods. I will be posting a couple photos on the photo board.

Tom Loucks

Posted by: Tom Loucks (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 08, 2006 11:09PM

Sorry, I could not post it on the photo board. I kept getting error code 1and this has never happened before.
I have posted the photos on momentoffame.com / photo gallery / custom fishing rods.

Tom

Posted by: Bruce Robb (---.fai.acsalaska.net)
Date: February 09, 2006 01:02AM

As a major Bronco fan myself, I do shiny orange wraps with metallic blue trim. Looks great, the like minded love them!

Posted by: Erik Kunz (---.dsl.snfc21.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 09, 2006 01:36AM

Here's a link to a Bronco's rod I did a while back... might give you some ideas. Erik

[www.kzreelrods.com]

[www.kzreelrods.com]

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 09, 2006 12:24PM

Thanks you all for the ideas! I just have to figure out how to shrink them down to work on these 1/2" wraps! At least I've got a few options to play with which is exactly what I was after.

With my kid making the Varsity squad as a Freshman, I don't want to do any weaves or anything TOO time consuming as I'm liable to get asked to do this for three MORE years. Then there's the Baseball Coaching staff... I could be opening a real can of worms for years to come!

Tom L - I'm guessing by the Earthquake straps on your waterheater (in the background of one of your pictures) that we're neighbors?

Again, than you all for your posts. They were a big help!

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster