I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Gadgets, Tools and Stuff in Charlotte
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 02, 2006 11:16AM

As far as I know, there is only place on the planet where a rod builder can go and actually sit down and try out the lathes and wrapping machines from Pacific Bay, American Tackle, Batson Enterprises, Flex Coat, Gudebrod and Renzetti. Also one of the few places where you can actually talk to some of the folks who actually designed and make these machines. At the National Rod Builders Show, you can see all these machines in one place, try them out, question the manufacturers about the features and accessories. Also on tap will be an all-new high end rod lathe that should turn more than a few heads. Nowhere else but at the National Rod Builders Show can you see them ALL.

The Wonder Weaver will be there, along with the inventor, Jim Upton. A new weaving device will be debuted there as well. And, plenty of the more common weaving jigs and looms can be seen and tried there as well.

One more reason to attend, no matter how far you might have to travel - The National Rod Builders Show features more rod building lathes, wrappers, jigs, looms, chucks, clutches, dryers, bits, spatulas, tensioners, tools, accessories, etc., etc., than anywhere else or at any other rod building event in the world. Whatever you've been wanting to see in person or try for yourself... it'll be in Charlotte in just 3 weeks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gadgets, Tools and Stuff in Charlotte
Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.123.---)
Date: February 02, 2006 12:29PM

I drive down from upstate New York and it's more than worth the trip. If I lived in Alaska I'd spend whatever it took to fly in. This thing is just too good to miss!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 02, 2006 04:06PM

Nothing Is Missing In Charlotte! The big boys got the big tools covered & the little Boyz are keeping up their end of the bargain! First time at ANY builders function!

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: John Blair (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: February 02, 2006 10:28PM

See yall next year.........I am laid up in bed and yall keep making me depressed........smile...........

Big John
Rio Hondo, Texas
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 02, 2006 10:45PM

Don't feel to bad John!
I can't attend either but you and I and a couple of others have done something
rather nice for someone and have much to be thankful for!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2006 10:46PM by Raymond_Adams.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster