I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Searching for a UL pink rod blank
Posted by: John Blair (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2006 09:15PM

I know this is a crazy request. I hate to change rod blank colors and am too cheap to get one of you guys to do it. If any of you know where I can buy a UL pink blank about six foot. I found a E-glass but it is too heavy for my wife. Yep my wife wants a pink blank.
Thanks in advance,

Big John
Rio Hondo, Texas
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Searching for a UL pink rod blank
Posted by: Danny Bundy (---.69-93-60.reverse.theplanet.com)
Date: January 31, 2006 09:47PM

I've tried to find one myself. No such luck. Had to paint one but it came out pretty well. Just not much selection in pink rod blanks!

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2006 10:27PM

CTS can make one for you but they are real spendy!! Your wife would be very happy though!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 31, 2006 10:27PM

Try CTS on the left, you can order in whatever color you want.

Bill in WV

Posted by: John Blair (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2006 10:37PM

You guys are great.........Thanks

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 01, 2006 04:11AM

John,

Depending on your time frame, we can get it from GUSA. They don't do "singles" like that, but they DO build orders to do special colored runs. In other words, when they get several orders for pink, they'll do them all at once. I'd be happy to get a lead time if you're interested. Pink's a pretty good color for them as it's a "lucky" color in the Orient and they have a decent demand for it.

Also, I've had VERY good luck with a "flex-agent" paint called Pactra. There's a few tricks to it as it's transparent (needs an undercoat like a candy paint), but it holds up well under Permagloss without adding a lot of weight. I'll be at the shop most of the day (Wednesday) if you want to give me a call. I'll fill you in.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.21.120.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 01, 2006 07:35PM

There is an auto pink. It is from a Cadillac, called Mary Kay Pink. 2005-4

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.21.120.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: February 01, 2006 07:36PM

There is an auto pink. It is from a Cadillac, called Mary Kay Pink. 2005-4
I got one to do also. Must be a pink run ?

Posted by: Kevin M. Campbell (67.36.100.---)
Date: February 09, 2006 03:38PM

John,
I had to smile. Last weekend we went to an Outdoors show in Bloomington (IL) and my SO saw a bright pink UL rod she just HAD to have. It was a 6' UL 1 piece casting rod by B&J Specialties of Mountain Home, Arkansas.
They call their line the "Fishin' Edge". It is a spiral wrap, Round Wrap or Roberts wrap style of guides placement. I know you were looking for a BLANK to make your own rod, and not a manufactured rod, but the salesguy at the booth claimed they "roll their own blanks". If that is true perhaps you could obtain a pink blank from them? It is VERY pink----like the "bubblegum" pink of plastic worms.
Have fun,
Kevin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster