I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Direct Mail
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2006 09:02AM

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned the nice success we've had with direct mail advertising for the National Rod Builders Show. I've been tracking the daily hits on the official show website and it had calmed down again to just about 125 to 150 per day. The last postcard mailing was done a little over 2 weeks ago - the card I mailed myself came in the mail yesterday.

As of Monday, that 125 to 150 a day had suddenly jumped to 276. Yesterday it jumped to 382. I'll check again late this evening but I have no doubt that the numbers will continue to climb for a week or two as the final 5,000 cards are delivered.

Direct mail advertising via regular postal service is still a fantastic means of advertising. There may be some applications that would apply to custom builders looking to add to their clientele. We'll discuss some of this in Charlotte next month.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Direct Mail
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 25, 2006 10:51AM

Are all of these hits limited to the Show Link. If the Rodmaker.org site is experiencing the same increase the old server mule must be pulling a heavy plow! Hope she makes it to the end of the row without tiring!

I think I will start closing the Rodmaker.org window while I am doing something else.

Gon Fishn

Re: Direct Mail
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2006 10:54AM

No, no, no, just the show site. This site is not mentioned on the card and besides, all told RodBuilding.org gets about 4 to 5 thousand hits per day (7.5 million per month).

400 hits per day isn't going to tax anybody's server or bandwidth. That's a tiny amount of traffic, really. But it's very good for a specialty show website and the sudden increase only points out that people have received the postcard and are responding to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2006 10:57AM by Tom Kirkman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster