I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

got my new camera but have a ?????
Posted by: Robert crabtree (---.iad.untd.com)
Date: January 23, 2006 10:23PM

hi guys i finally got my camera but how do limit my file size when posting pictures mine seemed to be way to big any help would be great .......thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: got my new camera but have a ?????
Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 10:29PM

Robert,
I've been lazy and haven't posted any pics here but for other things I use photo editing software to resize mine. I use Adobe but there are many other similar programs that will do the same thing. Randy.

Posted by: eric zamora (216.101.134.---)
Date: January 23, 2006 10:29PM

cameras usually offer the option to cut down the file quality but i have no idea if that affects size. check your manual. what i do is crop to size (and resolution) in a separate image editing program like photoshop. your camera should have come with a CD of extra software which should offer the options like cropping and resizing in a freely supplied image editing program.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 23, 2006 10:34PM

Check your manual for size settings. You also should get a basic graphic editing program. Your computer may even already have something like Microsoft Picture It, etc, or your camera may have included one with it. Did a CD come with the camera

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: January 23, 2006 10:41PM

thanks guys mike yes i installed the disc so what i do is go in the program it gave me and i can resize images the cd was picture project 1.1 ill go in there and see what it does

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 10:46PM

Robert,
I hate fighting the bugs in MicroCrap software. If possible try to use anything but the Microsoft software.

Sorry Mike
If I don't want to I do not have to put up with Microsoft software and nobody can make me (except my wife) because I am RETIRED!!

Date: January 23, 2006 10:48PM

well i killed my batteries so i guess i figure it out tomorow ill go and read through my books also thanks again ...........Rob

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 23, 2006 11:01PM

Your camera most likely offers 3 sizes, and lists them under "quality." But quality is not really quality in this regard, it's only referring to size related to the number of pixels. For internet use, just choose the smallest size (lowest quality) and you should end up with a photo about 600 to 700 pixels square. That's ideal for internet photos and email transmissions.

If you have access to an image editing program. You can take larger sized shots and then just "save as" in smaller file sizes.

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 11:03PM

Robert, photo editing software is probably the best way to go. Adobe's Photoshop Elements is what I've been using, but there is a little learning curve involved Pretty good software for the money, IMO. Stan.

Date: January 23, 2006 11:28PM

thanks for all the info guys i went through my book and it explained just as Tom noted when i take my picture then i can resize it guess i should have read through it first instead of playing with the camera thanks again all................. tight wraps.....Rob

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 24, 2006 12:15AM

Emory,

I agree with you on Picture it! I just mentioned it because it comes bundled on many computers now days. Personally, I prefer Paintshop Pro or Photoshop. Picture it is kind of Dorky (can't believe I actually used that word) but it will do simple stuff. I agree withyou on a lot a lot of their software but I think that you'd be hard pressed to find a better office suite!

Mike

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: January 24, 2006 12:40AM

Now, you guys, quit jumpin' on Picture It! 9.0... This computer illiterate figured out how to use it without ever reading anything; it's not user unfriendly and it does a very nice job. It's all I've ever messed with, although I'm about to get into the waters of Adobe very soon (thanks, Sam)...

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: allen forsdyke (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: January 24, 2006 07:36AM

We live in world with no fences or walls
So we have no need for gates and windows
I love my pc (except when bill gates had hadanything to do with it
get yourself a copy of adobes photoshop elements it will resize it and "pull up " the colours to a very nice point

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster