I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

North East Rodbuilders LI Gatehring
Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: January 18, 2006 09:50AM

[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]
[www.rodbuilding.org]

On Saturday we had the first Long Island, NY NERBs gathering at Victor Ghini's Shop. There were 10 builders who showed up, and spent Saturday afternoon looking at rods, learnign new techniques, exchanging info, planning fishing trips, bragging about past fishing trips, and eating Sour Gummy Octopus's. lol.

Speaking for myself, I had a great itme and learned a few new tricks. I got to see some of the rods I've onyl saw pictures of, believe me teh pictures do not do some of these rods justice, at all. I also shared a couple of tips and did a few quickie Demos for guys who wanted to see how I do certain things. I also wen thome with 14 bags of Doritos, Apple Cider, 200 Ravioli's, and was trying to figure out how to sneak the BRownie's out of the kitchen without Victor's wife seeing me, lol.

The next NERBs gathering will be in Charlotte, NC at the Big Show. After that there will be 4 Gatherings at 4 different locations: 1 in Massachusettes, one in New Jersey, another Long Island, and one in NY City. We will also have the Second Annual NERBs Fluke Charter for Rodbuilders & their friends/family on the Celtic Quest out of Port Jefferson, LI. If anyone is interested in more info on these gatherings, please shoot me an e-mail & as we solidify plans I'll send you the information. Membership & admission to the Gatherings is FREE, all I ask is you bring something to eat/snack on for teh day (so I can either stick the bag of candy in my pocket, or take home the leftovers, lol)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: North East Rodbuilders LI Gatehring
Date: January 18, 2006 09:51AM

Geez, maybe at one of the gatehrings someone can give me a Demo on how to use a Dictionary.

Posted by: Allen Forsdyke (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: January 18, 2006 10:02AM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM Billy what is the point of a dictionary if you cant spell the word in the first place ????????? always had this arguement at school
do it the same as you build rods m8 if it looks right leave it alone

I still admire ya work though

Posted by: Sean Endres (69.177.45.---)
Date: January 18, 2006 03:41PM

I had a great time at this gathering. Lots of nice rods there, some great demos, and a great group of guys. Many thanks to Victor for hosting this gathering, beautiful shop you have there. This was my third NERB's gathering, and as always, I come away from it having learned more about rod building. Looking forward to the next one!!! Also, thanks to Billy for setting this up.

Date: January 18, 2006 04:08PM

Seane it was great seeing that Calstar you wrapped. The guide wraps are INSANE, bring it down to Charlotte for sure, it will be a main attraction at the booth. Even if people don't want to look, it's so bright & big they'll have no choice, lol. All teh other wraps on teh test stick were just as impressive. Hopefully when people see them in Charlotte they'll be inspired to try a few themselves.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 21, 2006 11:46PM

I sure wish we had something like this south of the Mason Dixon line. I, being fairly new to the game, couldn't bring much to the game, except maybe munchies. But I'd sure love to get together with some guy's to learn something.

Bill in WV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster