I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pictures of bumper wrap, spiral
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.147.65.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: January 16, 2006 10:07PM

Hi guys
Looking for a good picture of a spiral wrapped rod. Want to show a customer to try and talk them into it. Rings guides Any links ?
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pictures of bumper wrap, spiral
Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: January 16, 2006 11:00PM

RMM-8(2): "The SIMPLE SPIRAL WRAP: The BUMPER SYSTEM"
The 2 photographs and the 2 illustrations tell it all.
RodMaker Magazine Volume-8, Issue #2, pages 16-17
Author: William "Bill" Colby [RMM-8(2)]
Back issues ($7 each) available at www.rodmakermagazine.com

Unfortunately, I am unable to recommend a particular *JPG or *.GIF file. Search the RBO PhotoGallery for a photo that you like.
Keyword = Spiral or Bumper. -Cliff Hall+++

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.147.65.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: January 16, 2006 11:06PM

Thanks Cliff, I don't have that issue on the bumper, but found a couple of articles and pictures on the net. This is the second rod for this customer . Wants some thing different ?

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: January 17, 2006 12:07AM

Bill - This is the 2nd rod for this customer? - He sounds ready for the net to me. Spend the $7 up front and get the RMM-8(2) Back Issue ASAP. You will recover the price of the magazine on the very next rod you sell, Bill. AND THEN you will have the Article & its photos & diagrams at your service to convince the next customers that traffic your way that a Bumper Wrap Spiral Rod is the only way to go. ... Don't let the line go slack ! ... "Salesmanship" is the word for 2006, Bill. Get this guy in the live-well before he finds something else to do with his fun money. Once he has fished his new Spiral Rod a couple of times, he'll be back to have all his old conventional rods converted to Spirals. And you'll be there to do it. On the first rod you will profit over 10 times the $7 price of the back issue. Stop counting "pennies" and start counting the "pounds". Best Wishes, Bill, ... -Cliff Hall+++

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: January 17, 2006 12:55AM

What kind of pic are you looking for, Bill? I've got one done in the shop. I could take a pic; send it to you?? Email me at work tomorrow...

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2006 03:10AM

Hi Bill,
There are a couple of pictres of my "bumper" rod in my gallery here on the board.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.162.186.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: January 17, 2006 07:51AM

I had search the net and photo page and am surprised there are not more good pictures of them. I finally found a few looking along the rod with it bent, and a fare article and sent it
I am also hoping the Titan guides stand up. I am building several rods with them ?

Also used that Thread Master. Nice, flows well, almost idiot proof ?

Stuck the picture on the photo page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2006 08:10AM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Scott Wood (---.tsgnavy.org)
Date: January 17, 2006 08:52AM

[www.fishingphotos.net]

Is this what you're looking for? Don't let the filename fool you - it's a pic of a Bumper wrap.

/scott

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: January 17, 2006 09:12AM

Bill, you've really set yourself up with that "almost idiot proof" comment and I'm trying hard not to take the bait here...

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an2.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: January 17, 2006 10:05AM

Hay come on Putter ??!!
I only meant that comparing it with other finishes, it went on nice, I saw a boo boo and thought I would have to take care of it on a second coat. A little while later it was gone ?? Maybe just a bubble? Still have to find out what Quirks it has. But nice. My place is cooler also.

Date: January 17, 2006 10:45AM

LOL!! Biting my tongue, still...

Putter
Williston, ND

Date: January 17, 2006 10:52AM

Say what you have in your mind Putter. At least I will know where you are coming from.
hay if one can not be honest - they can not be anything.

Date: January 17, 2006 11:05AM

Nothing about being honest or not, just about ribbing someone cuz they left themselves open for it; LOL!!

Putter
Williston, ND

Date: January 17, 2006 11:27AM

Now you got my curiosity up. Go ahead I can take it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster