I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

inlay jigs
Posted by: Steve Smotherman (---.fuse.net)
Date: January 15, 2006 05:16PM

Im looking for a inlay jig that was described in dale clemens book it was designed
by jerry and joyce benyo for making checkerboard patterns for grips does anyone know who sells these?or some other jigs ?

thanx steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: inlay jigs
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: January 15, 2006 06:13PM

Contact Bob at Custom Tackle; I got mine there. They're machined aluminum. There was also an article in one of the last RodMaker Magazines on how to build a jig that does part of these little inlays; not the checkerboard, though, if I remember right. But Bob has them if you want pre-made like I did.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Steve smotherman (---.fuse.net)
Date: January 15, 2006 06:35PM

thanx Randy ill contact bob but the jig Im looking for you can cut the cork long ways it makes a long shaft of checkers than you slice them to make a lot of checkers at once

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 15, 2006 06:54PM

The JJ Jig

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: January 15, 2006 08:30PM

Ah, so!

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 15, 2006 09:28PM

The JJ Jig...I got mine at Clemens before they closed the doors. There has to be a vendor that still carries them.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 15, 2006 09:51PM

From what I ubderstand, it hasn't been made in several years

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Mike Oettinger (---.iad.untd.com)
Date: January 17, 2006 11:34PM

I just ordered a J. J. Jig from Custom Tackle Supply. Try the link to the left, the jig is under rod building accessories. Product # JJJ. Price $10.95

Date: January 17, 2006 11:49PM

It's on their web site, but the site hasn't been updated in at least a couple years. Did you order on the site or actually call them? They told me a year ago that it was no longer made

Posted by: Steve Cox (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: January 18, 2006 12:42AM

I ordered a JJ's Jig from Custom Tackle right after X'mas. They told me it has been re-done so it would hold up a little better. I believe it is now made out of machine polished aluminum. I recieved mine in a few days. I was surprised that there were no instructions, tips etc. with it. I am a rather visual, slow learner so I have been putzing with it but have made no major attempts yet.
Can any of you lead me to some diagrams, hints, tips post on using this jig? Thanks Steve

Date: January 18, 2006 03:25AM

That is a great jig but not the same as the JJ jig. The jig they now sell cuts ONE cork ring at a time for checkerboard or diamonds. Here is a pic that will give you an idea how it is used
[www.rodbuilding.org]

They have another nice jig that is used to slice rings
[www.rodbuilding.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster