I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

LOCAL CLUB
Posted by: alan hutchison (---.idcnet.com)
Date: January 08, 2006 06:40PM

Has anyone ever tried building a local club in their area? Do you have any suggestions on how to get one started? Thanks for all your help, I have never seen a hobby like this one where there is so much help from your peers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LOCAL CLUB
Posted by: Mike Collier (---.pa-nj.hfc.comcastbusiness)
Date: January 08, 2006 07:22PM

Where are you located? Just get some guys in your area together and get it started

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 08, 2006 07:56PM

I known that to make it official requires some work.There are charters involved and bank accounts and so on.If you mean a few people to get together and shoot the bull that wil be different.If finances are involved it must be done legally.Check with the local govt. to find out more.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 08, 2006 08:04PM

Central Florida Rodcrafters has been a successful club in the Orlando, FL area since the 1990's. Your e-mail address is hidden. Send me an e-mail and I'll let you know some of the things that have worked (and not worked) for us.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 08, 2006 08:23PM

Like Mike said....just get some guys in your area and get it started. The Northeast Rodbuilders are a local club that has a wide range of builders that have attending gatherings. There's a small NERBS gathering planned for next weekend on Long Island( I think only 8 will be there due to space restrictions). Then the next "gathering" will be at the Rod Builders Show in Charlotte of all things. Hopefully some builders in the northeast will swing by our booth and say hello.

When I've hosted these get togethers, all I ask the builders to bring is food or drink, some rods they may have done, and a open mind. Getting together with people that share in this strange malady called "rodbuilding" can be a great time.

Billy Vivona started the Northeast Rodbuilders a couple few years ago by just asking if anyone would be interested, on some various rodbuilding forums...that how this club started.

Posted by: John Dow (---.245.155.43.Dial1.Stamford1.Level3.net)
Date: January 09, 2006 08:33PM

The knowledge that can be had in just one "hands on" visit with a bunch of guys is unbelievable . The gatherings for the NERBS club are fun and full of little tip and tricks . No better way to meet new builders in a realativly close area to where you live . Check out the directory on the top of the page for guys listed in your state , you may be surprised how many rodbuilders live in close proximity to you . Have fun , John

Got Fish ?

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: January 10, 2006 09:51AM

Funny this comes up now....the first NERBs gathering in 2006 is being held in GLen Cove, Long Island this Saturday. The next "meeting" is in Charlotte, then I think we may have 2 or 3 more planned for March & April. Add to that a fishing charter for 25 NERBs, friends & family.

Teh best way to answer this question, is to just do it yourself. Build it, and people will come.

Posted by: Sarah (217.20.84.---)
Date: February 06, 2006 07:41AM

The ultimate dream of many online entrepreneurs is to build a
successful web site and then sell it for thousands, perhaps
millions of dollars. Example: Sergey Brin and Larry Page, the
original creators of google.com probably had no idea they would
become so rich by creating a search engine web site. Hey, stuffc [h1.ripway.com]
happens right? [xes-pon.orgfree.com]

Selling a domain name is easy. Selling a site that you have
poured months or years of your life into building, promoting and
nurturing, is a bit more difficult. If you care about what
you've built and want to see it continue to succeed and grow, it
can be as difficult as selling one of your own children.
[xes-pon.orgfree.com]
Scenario: You are approached by someone who is interested in
purchasing your web site. Your first thought is that it's some
joke but you find it to be a genuine proposal. An offer is made
and negotiations begin.
[xes-pon.orgfree.com]

Stop! If the sale involves more than a couple thousand dollars,
it is in your best interest to get an attorney. Do this before
any contracts are signed or any money changes hands or you could [xes-pon.orgfree.com]
lose the proverbial "shirt off your back" AND the web site you
built so carefully.

<a href="[xes-pon.orgfree.com]; dish network</a>
<a href="[xes-pon.orgfree.com]; cheap voip coatch</a>
<a href="[xes-pon.orgfree.com]; marlboro cigarette</a>
<a href="[xes-pon.orgfree.com]; purses coach</a>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster