I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

6 ft 6 2 wt 4 pc forcast
Posted by: Rob Culver (---.39.92.117.madbbs.com)
Date: January 06, 2006 01:53PM

I think this shall be my next rod what do you guy taht have fished them think of them...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 6 ft 6 2 wt 4 pc forcast
Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.155.45.103.Dial1.Baltimore1.Level3.net)
Date: January 06, 2006 02:13PM

Can't go wrong for the money spent. A very fishable, fun rod. I built the 4pc. model and put the CCS data into the database if you want to look up the power and action. H&H Co. has great deals on Forecast kits.

Posted by: Josh Walter (---.sttlwa.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 06, 2006 02:13PM

I built up two of them and have only been able to lawn cast as all of the small streams are closed. Can't wait to get out try them on some fish! They are a sweet little rod! I found a couple of redington CT 2/3 reels to throw on them and they balance the rod perfect.

Josh

Posted by: Walter Willoughby (146.130.103.---)
Date: January 06, 2006 02:30PM

I've built 2 for myself and 3 for clients. Can't beat the rod for the money. Fun fishing rod for tight spaces and small streams.

Posted by: Lou Perez (---.nyc2.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: January 06, 2006 02:38PM

I am just curious.....what line are you guys throwing on that blank? I have the 2 pc. version in the works and I plan on fishing it with a WF3F. I would assume that the 4pc is faster than the 2pc and therefore might require at least a 3wt line to load it well for close work.

In any event, the 2pc. version feels very light in the hand and I would highly recommend the Forecast blanks as I use them quite a bit.

Lou

Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.155.45.103.Dial1.Baltimore1.Level3.net)
Date: January 06, 2006 02:44PM

I like the 662-4pc. with a 3 or a 4 and I don't own anything smaller than a 3wt. line to use on it. I think mine CC'd at 2.6 or something like that. It's in the database.

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 06, 2006 03:03PM

Really nice little blank. Fishes well for me with both a WF2F and WF3F.

Scott Kinney
The Longest Cast Fly Rods
[www.thelongestcast.com]

Posted by: Russ Miller (---.rpsa.ricoh.com)
Date: January 06, 2006 04:20PM

I have built several of the 6'6" 2wt, 4pc fly rods and I think it is one of the most versatile small stream rods around. First, it packs nicely for day trips to creeks and ponds. Second, it has such a nice action for 2wt or 3wt lines. Throws the 2wt delicately up close, but no problem shooting 30' of line. The 3wt line is even better up close and can shoot 40' no problems. I really love this rod configuration and I have made many other rods of similar lengths in 2pc and 3pc configurations. For the price, this 4pc configuration can't be beat, it is a real gem in their lineup.

Russ

Posted by: Tony Luppino (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 06, 2006 08:05PM

Where can I purchase a 6ft. 6in. 4pc. Forecast blank. I usually purchase Forecast from Hook and Hackle but I can't seem to locate this blank on their site. Thanks

Posted by: Rob Culver (---.39.92.117.madbbs.com)
Date: January 06, 2006 08:23PM

[www.mailordercentral.com] takes you right to the page on hook and hackle you cant beat this price....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster