I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Custom Rod Thread Art books FOUND
Posted by: Greg Schouweiler (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 02:46PM

I have located the Dale P. Clemens book "Custom Rod Thread Art " at a Wholesaler in Medford Oregon. I purcased one through "The Fly Shop" ( [www.theflyshop.com]), 1-800-669-3474. in Redding, Ca. Getting the name of his supplier while at it. If you have a Tax number you can order it directly from the supplier. At Anglers Book Supply 1-800-260-3869. At this moment they show a supply of 9 books.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Custom Rod Thread Art books FOUND
Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 03:00PM

They are commonly available online. Sometimes online @#$%& have them for less than $20.

Lou

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 04, 2006 03:18PM

After this thread, that may change!!!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Jerry Chambers (---.xxpansion.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 04:42PM

I called and talked to the people at The Fly Shop and they called the warehouse and they are completely out of the Custom Rod Thread Art book. Still trying to find a new copy of the book. There is a used copy on @#$%& today. The copy that sold on @#$%& yesterday went for $44.00. If anyone else finds one, let me know. JC

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.fv.dl.cox.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 04:47PM

Just to try and clear things up, we are dealers of books that are suppied by Angler's Book Supply.
I had requests for the Custom Rod Thread Art by Dale Clemens and had called yesterday to try and get more.
I was told then that they were out of stock and out of print, which is the information I passed along to our customers.
I just got off the phone with Angler's Book Supply again and verified that there are NON left in stock.
Their phone has been busy with calls asking about those books due to the above post.
If there are any left, they are in the hands of individual dealers or distributors.

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: Joe Milligan (---.240.114.106.Dial1.Phoenix1.Level3.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 05:20PM

[www.flyepenbooks.com]
Shows the book in stock at $34 delivered. I did not check to verify but it did add to the cart when clicked.

Joe Milligan

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nj-01.cvx.algx.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 05:36PM

Give it a couple of days and the price will be about 60 ?? Glad I got mine.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: January 04, 2006 06:27PM

I wonder if a copy with cheese doodle fingerprints, epoxy beads, and beer stains would fetch more money?

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 07:12PM

Hey Billy - you trying to sell my copy?

Posted by: Greg Schouweiler (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 07:15PM

I just received a call Back from "The Fly Shop". And they just informed that the book is no longer abailable and that they have canceled my order. I am so sorry about this mess. When I talked to them they showed a quantity of 10 books before my order was placed. Those are no longer with the Wholesaler. Obviously someone got to them before me and the stock wasn't changed to show this.

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 07:49PM

If you try Powells Books in Portland, Oregon I will bet that they have some used ones. They are the biggest used book store in the US and have literally millions of used books. They are on the web.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 04, 2006 10:17PM

Looks like used is the only way to go now. I don't care what the quality is I just want one!!! I may change up and buy VizWrap though. If I do, Billy will you forgive me and help me learn it?

Bill in WV

Posted by: Greg Hileman (---.dsl.wchtks.swbell.net)
Date: January 05, 2006 10:14AM

Try this one:

www.riverwire.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=1890324019

I was thinking about buying a couple if they had them in stock, but I think I'd rather see someone get some good info without me trying to profit from it. Good luck!

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 06, 2006 06:47PM

I've got one still sealed in plastic if anybody needs it.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Terry Conley (---.bright.net)
Date: January 06, 2006 07:28PM

These are found bookfinder.com type in title these will appear

Click on the price to find out more about a book
# Bookseller Notes Price
1 The Petersfield Bookshop
via ILAB
[United Kingdom] coloured and other illustrations, small 4to., fine with dust wrapper, Rodcrafters Press, Westcosville, PA, 1982 $35.13
2 Moby Dick
via Antiqbook
[Netherlands] Wescosville 1982, 222 pp., col.and b&w photos/ textill., dust jacket $41.41
3 Antiquariaat Moby Dick
via ChooseBooks
[Netherlands] Wescosville 1982, 222 pp., col.and b&w photos/ textill., dust jacket; angling $42.35
4 Frank Sincavage
via Abebooks Publisher: Rodcrafters Press, 1982; 1st Edition. 4to, as new in celophane wraps, keyword fishing. 7/10/01 $65.00
5 Frank Sincavage
via Abebooks Publisher: Rodcrafters Press, 1982; As New/As New. 1st Edition. 4to, new in celephane wraps, keyword fishing. 7/10/01 $65.00
6 Alibris
[United States] Very Good Hardcover book in very good condition-cover shiny with slight wear, pages clean & unmarked, binding tight. $196.95
7 rowinskibooks
via Biblio.com
[United States] ISBN: 1890324019
Publisher: Dale Ciemens Custom Tackleshop
Dale Ciemens Custom Tackleshop. Used - Very Good. Hardcover book in very good condition-cover shiny with slight wear, pages clean & unmarked, binding tight. $197.00

Posted by: David Flemings (---.losaca.adelphia.ne)
Date: January 08, 2006 02:57PM

Being out of touch for the holidays, I didn't realize this book was in short supply. I just bought two copies ($30.00 each) last week from Anglers Workshop in Woodland WA. If I had known the issue I might not have given one to a friend. I am not sure of his supply, but you might check through his link on the Sponsers List.

Dave-

Posted by: Craig Davey (---.97.40.69.ip.alltel.net)
Date: January 15, 2006 12:28AM

I do feel for you guys, I bought all of the clemens books as they hit the market and glad I did. They have served me well over the years. Good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster