I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Photo board posting question
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 02, 2006 05:09PM

A lot of pics on the board allow you to click and make the image larger.
How can I get my posts to do that?? What have I missed??

Thanks all

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Photo board posting question
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2006 05:20PM

Photos which are too large to begin with go in smaller and then have the option of being seen closer to their actual size. But it wastes precious space and I'd rather you stick to images no larger than 800 pixels in either direction. Thanks.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 02, 2006 05:26PM

Thanks Tom,
Will do and happy to. I still need to learn more about digital photgraphy so I can get the detail to show without blowing it up.
Even when I do up-size the photo just gets blurry or pixelly. I guess that have to do with the camera resolution?

Thanks again!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2006 05:39PM

Making the photo larger will not show greater detail. You only have so much "information" in your photograph to begin with and once it's there, it's there. Making the photo larger resamples it then has less informaiton per the same area as before. That's why it gets blurry or fuzzy.

If you want great close up detail, you'll have to have the proper lens - a Macro, or a set of close up filters. Some point and shoot cameras have a digital macro mode that isn't too bad, but it's no substitute for true macro. You have to get close to get detail and many point and shoot cameras just wont't focus at less than a couple to three feet in.

Depth of field is also very important. If you want the item, foreground and background to all be in similar focus, you must use a small aperature opening. F11 and up. F22 is ideal. If you want to focus on a small portion of your photo and blur the rest, then a larger aperature opening, F8 or less, is better. An automatic camera will most likely choose a larger aperature opening and shorter exposure time thus resulting in shallow depth of field.

Anyone that really wants to take good photos should invest a few bucks in a basic photography book. In the long run it will do you far more good than worrying over how many megapixels your camera has. Keep trying. You will get better even if by trial and error.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster