I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Where did I weave off?
Posted by: Steven Libby (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 29, 2005 08:24PM

I started my 1st weave today, a mermaid from one of the RM back issues, and got interrupted 4 times in less than an hour - I think I missed a thread two turns back, or was it three turns back? Argghh, whats this loose thread doing here?!?!?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where did I weave off?
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 29, 2005 08:34PM

Lock the door and turn off the phone or you will have more and more loose threads!! lol lol

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Dennis Papike (---.broadband.oakhurst.)
Date: December 29, 2005 08:36PM

Welcome to the world of weaving. Might as well learn to live with it, definitely won't be the last time. :lol

Posted by: Lu Garrdner (---.sta.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: December 29, 2005 09:01PM

Went through the same thing yesterday.
Had the day off by myself decided to do some weaving.
5 phone call and 2 request for favors that just couldn't wait.
I just pushed it aside and left. If I had stayed I would of had one broken rod, thread all over my shop, and cut off two fingers with a razor blade.
Some times best to just give up..

Posted by: Anonymous User (211.27.164.---)
Date: December 30, 2005 04:12AM

Steven if you know what wrap your on, work backwards until you find the droped thread then proceed forward. Just take your time.

Posted by: JOSEPH CIAMPA (70.146.21.---)
Date: January 06, 2006 11:41AM

Hi I am new to weaving,what I would like to know is if I use size D for the underwrap what would I use for the top thread,C. or what would be the correct combinations to use for weaving.Any information would be helpful.What i am doing is putting my name on my fishing rod, and pool stick. Thank You very much. Mr Ciampa How do I contact the forum administrators

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster