I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

National Rod Builders Show Rules
Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 24, 2005 12:01PM

Tom (or anyone else qualified to answer),
Could you explain (or direct me to a source) the rules in brief regarding the Charlotte show? Basically, what is and isn't allowed. Obviously, common sense comes into play here but I just wasn't sure if cameras (for example) were permitted. I certainly don't want to unknowlingly offend someone or break the rules. Thanks, Randy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: National Rod Builders Show Rules
Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 24, 2005 12:32PM

I have no idea of any rules Randy except maybe enjoy the companionship of other rod building addicts.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 24, 2005 01:13PM

One for sure is no solication on the floor or surrounding areas.meaning you cannot promote you rod business or products without being a Booth or Table purchaser.This is in respect to the people that pay the price to be there(no free rides)just like the forum.This means no handing out of business cards also.I`m sure there are more but this is the most important.Cameras I dont see as a problem as when I went to the first show I had one.Missed last years due to the foul weather here in jersey(had to work).

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 24, 2005 01:40PM

Please take all the photos you want. You could even video tape the floor exhibits if you want, but please do not use them in the seminar rooms.

One thing we do ask, is that when you enter a seminar room that you please turn your cell phone off. It's very distracting for the presenter as well as the other attendees to have to listen to cell phones going off in the middle of a presentation. I suspect most are courteous enough to do this anyway, but it's easy to forget that your phone is on.

Fred is correct about solicitating business on the premises. The booth and table holders have paid for the right to advertise, sell, solitic, etc. It is not only against the rules for anyone that hasn't paid for booth or table space to do this, it's inconsiderate as well. Thankfully, this sort of thing is rare. We watch for it and will take action if we need to do so, but as I said, it's pretty rare. Most of the attendees are considerate in this regard,

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 24, 2005 06:28PM

Tom,

What about still cameras in the seminar rooms. Exchanging business cards between builders??

Mike

Posted by: Henry Curtis (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 24, 2005 07:12PM

I would think camera flash going on in seminar rooms would be equally distracting to the presenters. Maybe that's just me.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 24, 2005 08:15PM

If you want to take photos in one of the seminar rooms, please ask the presenter if it will be okay. This isn't a problem with copyrights or anything, just a possible problem with flash units going off in the face of the presenter. If you want to bring a voice recorder and tape the talk, you are free to do so. Obviously, if you want to take notes, this is okay as well. Some of the presenters will even have printed hand-outs covering their topics so this will help you "retain" the presented information as well.

I fully expect builders to meet and greet and exchange a business card or two. That's not a problem.

What we watch for are builders lugging components or rods around for sale, or making contacts and trying to sell on the show floor or out of their car trunks. We have run into this the past couple years. One rod builder who had a booth was approached by another builder who informed him that he had a large assortment of guides available for sale "outside." Another time we found a guy lugging a duffle bag of components around on the show floor and trying to pedal them to anybody and everybody. The first year there was a builder carrying rods around inside the exhibit hall and trying to generate sales in the aisles. Those are the type things we're mainly concerned with. And again, thankfully they've been rare.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 24, 2005 10:59PM

Inconsiderate JERKS!!!! That's just ascenine, as afriend of mine calls everything done that is disrespectful and devious and just plain WRONG!!!!

Bill in WV

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: December 25, 2005 02:13AM

Hey, Zombie!! Bring yer cameras and take a ton of pics!! See ya in Charlotte!

Putter
Williston, ND

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2005 10:28AM by Randy Parpart (Putter).

Posted by: William Colby (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 25, 2005 09:20AM

Like anyone else, many rod builders have not learned that there is a cost associated with doing business. To try and advertise on somebody else's dollar is wrong and inconsiderate but there will always be some that will try to get away with it.

I'm sure it takes place but there is so much to see and do at this show that most of us never notice such things going on. We're just too busy trying to take in all the sights and sounds that make this the best rod building event in the world!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster