I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Update ?
Posted by: Todd Irwin (63.166.254.---)
Date: December 19, 2005 09:49PM

Tom,
If things are getting old or "out dated " and the board is getting slow due to a needed update...Then it s understandable that a single person shouldn t " IMO" be the sole money backer to get the board updated to make things better for everyone....cause it would help everyone ! What if everyone donated money for an update ? What would it cost.... appr per person give or take alittle ? Or is this a possible solution to the problem ? I m willing to help the board ! Cause I enjoy it and its beneficial to me !

Todd

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Update ?
Posted by: Leon Mack (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: December 19, 2005 10:40PM

I'm willing too. I was thinking about some options; hope I'm not out of line. Maybe Tom could offer 'charter memberships' to all of the regular users who want to donate a hundred bucks or something like that? A hundred 'charter members' at $100 would bring in $10K. Maybe charter members could get specials from sponsors once in a while or something like that?

Posted by: Levi Farster (---.essex1.com)
Date: December 20, 2005 03:09AM

Heck, everyone send me a hundred bucks, and I'll start a site! For real though, 100 bucks is nothing. I smoke twice that in a week. Levi

Posted by: Scott Parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: December 20, 2005 08:13AM

Count me in. I think it is a great idea!!

Posted by: steve parks (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 20, 2005 08:34AM

Beatin' that dead horse again. By now it should be just a pile of broken bones.

LOL

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.tci.com)
Date: December 20, 2005 09:43AM

Well said Steve

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: December 20, 2005 10:04AM

Steve you’ve never been more right. Not only has this horse been beaten to death but it’s been dragged, dropped off a cliff, burned and the ashes blown to the wind.

Unless something has changed Tom Kirkman is not going to accept donations or have a registration fee for this site. He is not going to give up control of this site and that’s a good thing and a bad thing. I’m not going into the bad because most of that is IMO and would not be proper to post but on the good side – If there were donations or registration fees charged it would be only a short time before problems started. I’ve seen it before on sites that charge fees it’s only a matter of time before someone starts screaming that he’s paid his fees and he’s going to have his say and it only opens a can of worms. There are other problems but I will forgo them and more to save bandwidth.

Let me suggest this - Those of you who have not subscribed to RodMaker Magazine do so. Instead of offering to donate $100, purchase that same amount in back issues of RodMaker Magazine. After you receive your back issues sit down and read them and most of your questions will be answered which will help on the bandwidth and help with cash flow to help this site.

The one biggest way to save bandwidth and help this site is before asking your questions use the SEARCH feature first. Most of these questions that are being asked have been asked and have been answered many times before. If after you do a SEARCH and you don’t find your answer or need a little more help then by all means post your question. There are a lot of great people here that will try and help you. But first try to help you’re self first.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 20, 2005 12:05PM

Hank,

You really nailed it!!!! Talk is cheap! Buy a subscription and back issues and it will accomplish a LOT more than beating this horse every couple weeks! Tom has made his position VERY clear more than once.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster