I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Search button reminder and New Diamondite rod finish
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 19, 2005 04:18AM

Hi All,
Well just ran into a problem with the new finish and haven't even cracked
the tops off yet. I went to www.swiftymfg.com to view the step by step visual as
the instruction sheet indicated but found no link or button to the visual. Had a
couple of questions so I sent Tim an email then came here and was about to
post a question or two when I remebered the "SEARCH" feature here.
Bingo! no waiting for answers! My specific questions had already been discussed
at length.
I and others here are always pointing out to use the "search button" before posting
as it really is a great tool and like a dummy I came very close to making that very
mistake myself "asking before looking" So next time you have a question or an observation or whatever, "search first" then post. In more cases than you think you will get more information and opinions than you can shake a blank at.

Thanks to the search feature the only question I have now about the new Diamondite
rod finish is:
Now that the product has been available is there anyone who has used it that has any
suggestions besides reading and following the instructions exactly? Lighting, bubbles,
heat, ect.
I have read the instructions and all the "marketing" so I know what its "suppose" to be
like but havn't seen any posts about the real world results yet. Im not looking for any pros or cons just anything that might help a first time user get the best results.

Thanks in advance

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Search button reminder and New Diamondite rod finish
Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: December 19, 2005 11:35AM

I am in tha same boat my friend.....I like to hear testimonials before spending the money on a "new" and relatively untested product. By "untested" I mean by rodbuilders under actual field conditions.

Derek

Date: December 19, 2005 11:43AM

I already spent the $ and have the product and hope to be applying soon. Just looking for any suggestions from anyone who
has already tried it.

Raymond Adams

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 19, 2005 03:12PM

Me too, Ray

Bill in WV

Date: December 19, 2005 03:50PM

Darn Bill,
The email notice of your post really got my hopes up! LOL
I'll be happy to share any info I come across. I hope Tim returns my email soon.

Raymond Adams

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 19, 2005 09:00PM

Andy Dear had the right idea by sending out samples to rod builders who are known and respected here and let them do the sellin`

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.stic.net)
Date: December 19, 2005 10:44PM

Ha!
Well...that wasn't the intention, but I guess it worked! I just wanted to get some reliable feedback before I jumped neck deep in the epoxy finish business. My hope is that the finish is good enough to sell itself, which it looks like it is. If I could have afforder to I'd have sent all of you free samples...then again that would have sort of defeated the purpose now wouldn't it?

Andy

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 20, 2005 01:00AM

Well Andy,

I got my diamondite from C&M Custom Tackle off @#$%& because they were running a special. Haven't used it yet, but I bought it because it got good reviews on here. But instructions were not included. I'm going down to Charlotte this year, so I guarentee that I'll pick up some Threadmaster and one of your DVD's, at least I know that if instructions aren't included I can watch someone mixing and applying it.

Bill in WV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster