I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Free Rod Dryer Offer
Posted by: Dean Pertot (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 03, 2005 06:13PM

Just a line to let everyone know about a great holiday gift idea-

Pacific Bay is running a super promo: buy a Rodsmith Power Wrapping Machine, and get a model RDM-1 Drying Machine for FREE.
Offer valid until Feb 28th, 2006.

For Details, go to www.donartrods.com, and click on SPECIALS

Happy Holidays!

Dean Pertot
donartrods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free Rod Dryer Offer
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 03, 2005 06:30PM

I hope a lot of vendors bring them to Charlotte!

Mike

Date: December 03, 2005 06:36PM

Yes!

We will definitely have a bunch of these units at our booth in Charlotte. This will save you
the freight charges.

Dean Pertot
donartrods.com

Posted by: Ralph Tomaccio (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: December 03, 2005 07:51PM

Yeah, I sent in my coupon in late August with 4-6 weeks delivery time for the free dryer and I still haven't gotten it.

Called PacBay twice and they keep saying "shortly".

Date: December 03, 2005 08:37PM

Dear Ralph:

Why not contact the dealer who sold you your Rodsmith, and request that they send you the free unit from their stock, instead of waiting for Pacific Bay. If they value your business, I am sure they
would not mind, even though it would be a departure from the normal procedure. We have done this for a few customers in the past, where we send the free unit, and Pac Bay either issues us a credit, or replaces our stock at no charge. All it requires is some coordination between ourselves
and the good folks at Pac Bay.

If you purchased your unit from any of the board sponsors, I would be confident that they would
want nothing more than to satisfy you, and keep you as a repeat customer.

Regards,

Dean Pertot

Date: December 04, 2005 12:48AM

Dean,

I wish I could say it was purchased from one of the forum's sponsors, but it wasn't. It was a birthday gift from my wife who purchased it from Cabela's. Although I suppose it's worth a try, I have a hard time feeling they would go out of their way for something that should be the responsibility of the company making the offer, and rightly so.

Think it's worth trying anyway?

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.3.91.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: December 04, 2005 09:12AM

Call Cabela's

Date: December 05, 2005 01:39PM

Just spoke with Cabela's customer service and they said that because it's a promotion run by the manufacturer, I must deal with them directly, much as I expected.

So, buyers beware. Whatever the problem is with PacBay, be prepared to wait substantially longer than the 4-6 weeks they advertise for fulfillment of the "FREE" Rod Dryer.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date: December 05, 2005 01:52PM

have you tried to call Pac Bay ? Some times ya got to be a pain.

Date: December 05, 2005 03:13PM

As mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I called PacBay twice and was told they would be getting them out "shortly". The 4-6 week fulfillment is now up to 13 weeks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster