I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Can anybody help me fin this blank?
Posted by: Frans Oomen (---.adsl.wanadoo.nl)
Date: December 03, 2005 01:19PM

Hello rodbuilders,

I have recently seen a custom made rod that was build on a 13 foot blank. It was made of IM6 and IM7 carbon and a glassfibre tip. It was very soft in the tip section, but strong enough in the butt to keep control of the fish. You could bent the tip to almost 180 degrees! Very usefull in case a strong fish gets under your boat while playing it. The casting weight was aprx. 3 oz and it was a two piece rod.

Does any of you know where i can find such a blank or what type of blank this coud be? The builder didn't tell me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can anybody help me fin this blank?
Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: December 03, 2005 03:22PM

It sounds like a Shakespeare UGLY STIK "GUTTS-BUTT" rod blank may be SIMILAR to what you are describing, but not identical. There is a Gutts-Butt 12-foot GBS-144-6 , 2-piece rod blank, rated as for 15-40# line, with Butt-OD (0.980") and Tip-OD (10.5 / 64ths) inch. (Price ~$65, if SMRW still carries it.) ... To get it any closer than that, ask the builder and see if he'll help you out. Or try other Catalogs or mfgrs. to see what else is similar. ...

Frans Oomen - Where are you, and what are you fishing for, and what are you throwing, that you are fishing 13-foot rods from a boat, ...??? ...
Good Luck, -Cliff Hall+++ , Gainesville-FL-USA+++

Posted by: Frantz BUCHOT (---.w83-197.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: December 03, 2005 03:47PM

Frans,

your description sounds like any Feeder or Quiver Tip rod that we use here in Europe to fish roach, tanch or Barbel:
13', 2 sections in graphite + one tip in glass fibre / 3oz = 85 grams

I don't know about Shakespeare rod but I would think about a Browning Black Magic Feeder 13' or a Browning Aggressor Bob Nudd Feeder.

You normally fish pounds or canals from the banks when you are feeder fishing but I've been told that a lot of people use know this method to fish in the sea from a boat... maybe this is what you are talking about???

Frantz

Posted by: Frantz BUCHOT (---.w83-197.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: December 03, 2005 03:50PM

Frans,

I forgot one rod, the RHINO DF Special Feeder, 2 sections with a glass fibre tip incorporated, casting weight 50 to 110gr

Frantz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster