I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Label on Dan Craft FT
Posted by: Antti Kymalainen (---.dhcp.inet.fi)
Date: November 13, 2005 01:50PM

I'm just finishing a Dan Craft FT rod. I have a one question I'd like to get an answer from here concerning the printed label in the blank (white and was there when i received the blank from Dan). Can i remove it from the blank with some chemicals? I'd rather put in a custom decal which i have ordered from decal connection. Also the label now in the rod is way too far away from the top of the handle, so doesnt look very nice in my opinion. Also the current position makes it quite impossible to overwrap...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Label on Dan Craft FT
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 13, 2005 02:42PM

Same problem here! Hope someone has an answer. Seems to be an odd place to put a label

Mike

Posted by: Tim Collins (---.sanarb01.mi.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2005 04:40PM

I'm sure Acetone will take it off but it will remove some of the black pigment in the blank as well if you aren't fast enough. If you try it, don't let it saturate on the blank too long.

I left mine on so to be sure it would be covered under warranty - I'd check with Dan to see whether it would be voided with it missing.

Posted by: Richard Carlson (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 14, 2005 03:35PM

With a 7.5" grip and a 2" fighting butt built on the blank, it comes out just right.

Posted by: Antti Kymalainen (---.storaenso.com)
Date: November 15, 2005 12:57AM

Fighting butt that big was never an option, i have #4 rod. Also making the handle much bigger than it is was also out of question. I can post a picture or two about it here soon. It's a really shame coz I put a hard work to make a handle for this one from birch bark and now there's this beauty mistake :(

Waiting Dan to comment this issue....

Posted by: eric zamora (---.246.138.32.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net)
Date: November 15, 2005 01:52AM

i think i've heard several people voice some displeasure over the distance of the FT logo/specs; too far from most grips. i thought the same when i wrapped a friend's 4 wt FT. maybe this is why the new FTLs will come with stickers of some sort.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Mike Casey (69.51.87.---)
Date: November 15, 2005 09:35AM

Antti,

Hang in there, Dan will help you out. E-mail or call him directly (in case he hasn't seen this post). In the past Dan has even offered to remove the label before he sends the blanks to me. The' label' is actually lasered in, so removing it involves abrasives not chemicals.

Date: November 15, 2005 11:00AM

Mike,

I'm looking forward to Dan to see this, cant send him email coz it gets blocked :(

I havn't lost all hope yet ;)

Posted by: Richard Carlson (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 15, 2005 01:25PM

Mine was a 9 foot 4 weight- but I was using 7 weight line and fishing for silvers in AK,

Posted by: Dan L Craft (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: November 16, 2005 03:54AM

Thanks all for the input!
The labels are indeed lazered on and removeable with 0000 steel wool. We will try getting the printed on versions closer to the butt on the light blanks.

Dan craft
Dan Craft Enterprises

Date: November 19, 2005 04:23AM

I removed mine with asetone, was removed enough for my taste. Now i can do the wrap and insert decal, gonna make post of it soon....

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tampere.customers.dnainternet.fi)
Date: November 24, 2005 02:22AM

Hey!

I have same problem as Antti posted before. My mails can´t get thru to Dan Craft. I´m about to order some blanks and other stuff, but the email address dcraft@dancraftent.com keeps returning my mails.

Ville Lehtinen

Posted by: Antti Kymalainen (---.storaenso.com)
Date: November 25, 2005 01:12AM

Ville,

Send email to him at address danfisherman@earthlink.net

I think that his emails are redirected from his dcraft address to earthlink, which causes it to be blocked, you can see this in block up reply what you got...

If you need assistance, contact me. I just talked to Dan....

Posted by: Ville Lehtinen (---.tampere.customers.dnainternet.fi)
Date: November 25, 2005 03:15AM

Thanks for your fast reply Antti!
I´ll try that address.

Ville Lehtinen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster