I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Forecast Trigger Reel Seats Opinions
Posted by: Don Jones (---.dsl.hrbg.epix.net)
Date: November 12, 2005 02:44PM

I just picked up a few of the textured exposed reel seats made by Forecast. I like the feel as well as not needing an arbor for under the threads. I wanted to know how the texture holds up over time...does it scratch up, where off, or whatever. I have always used Fuji up to this point.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forecast Trigger Reel Seats Opinions
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: November 12, 2005 06:08PM

I think it will hold up a long time, looks like they fine sand / beadblasted their regular seats almost to get that texture. I've used quite a few myself, nice that they also have them in the 17 MM sizes also. Lots of nice new stuff in their catalog. Got a metallic rootbeer red reelseat from them also, thought it was supposed to turn green, but it wouldn't. Put it on a rootbeer colored rod blank and taped on the guides for a little test casting, everything was beautiful until the sun came thru the clouds and I was looking down the rod blank toward the tip. Jeez now it's green. Break out the sunglasses. Metallic Gudebrod thread green. Have to change my wrap color scheme now. Guess it's a cloudy day steelhead rod if you don't like green reelseats.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date: November 13, 2005 09:39AM

Forecast does read - flip green ??

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: November 13, 2005 03:48PM

I agree, but it only turns green on bright sunny days and only looking at it from one direction, butt to tip. From any other direction, cloudy day or indoors it's red. All indoor light sources I have it's red. Bought it out of the display case with no factory bag, the person didn't know where it came from for sure, paint covers the logo. Said he pulled it out of a back bin and brought it forward because they hadn't sold any he knew of. Got an excellent price so I bought it as a whim. Nice color but I think I'll leave the other one I bought for a green blank. Thank god it's one of my rods.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster