I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Sea trout rod
Posted by: Shane Broaddus (---.lu.dl.cox.net)
Date: November 08, 2005 09:58PM

The guy im going to be building for likes a 7 ft Texas tackle trout killer anyone know whats comparable to this particular rod theres no weigh or lure weight markings on it any help greatly appriciated he will be live shrimp bait fishing

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sea trout rod
Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2005 10:10PM

[www.texastacklefactory.com]
This is probably pretty close to what you're talking about...if he's using popping cork/shrimp, you might look at the medium, rather than med/lt

Posted by: shane broaddus (---.lu.dl.cox.net)
Date: November 08, 2005 10:13PM

been there but what blank they using or similiar????????/ thanks for your help

Posted by: Doug Moore (---.dfw.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: November 08, 2005 11:13PM

Shane, I believe it's a popping rod

Regards......Doug@
TCRds

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 09, 2005 12:13AM

Shane,
According to the website that has an 8-17lb line rating, fast action, 1/8oz. - 5/8oz. lure wt.
Just check the sponsors on the left for a compairable blank. You will find several I'm sure.
I would suggest you look at the Rainshadow/Forecast from Batson and Dan Craft first.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ca-sanfranc0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: November 09, 2005 01:52AM

Sounds like a 4 power popping rod blank by the discription on the website. Very versatile blanks. Personally I like the 3 power for trout and 4 power for reds.

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: November 09, 2005 02:28AM

I agree with Spencer. If he is going to be strictly casting popping corks and bait, then a Forecast IP844 would be the blank of choice or similar blank. Pac Bay also makes an 844 that makes a very nice popping rod in that price range.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 09, 2005 08:53AM

Trout - Lamiglas or Rainshadow - 843

Trout/Redfish - 844

If you end up with a Forecast that is over a year old in the 843 the tip may be a little brittle for swinging trout in the boat without using a net.

The new line of Lamiglas sanded blanks really builds a fine rod.

If you are building for a Texas fisherman who messes with those small schoolies, like Andy and Gerald, you could drop back to an 842!

Gon

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.stic.net)
Date: November 10, 2005 11:32AM

"If you are building for a Texas fisherman who messes with those small schoolies, like Andy and Gerald, you could drop back to an 842! "

Hey Bill, I was just reading an Article by Pete Cooper. He was talkin' about that Louisiana State record Trout that weighed 9lbs and some change.

Why don't you come on down to Baffin Bay with me sometime and fish for some of those "schoolies"...we use 9lb Trout for bait down there to catch REAL Speckled Trout, not those "dinks" you cajuns call Trout.

Andy Dear
Lamar Manf.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 10, 2005 12:56PM

Pete's on fly rod! Na Na Na Nah Na! Winning trout last year La CCA 12# 8 oz.

I did get a rise out of you when I expected to be trampled by Gerald!

Me - I have pictures to show you in Charlotte!

Gon

Posted by: Robert Borgsmiller (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: November 12, 2005 01:02PM

The Lamiglas IM6 offers a stiff rod like the ones you're talking about. Only $30. Give the poor little shrimp a break and throw some topwaters and plastics. LOL For artificial (1/16-3/8 lead heads), Seeker's E-glass 7' bass spinning blank makes an excellent trout casting rod, as does loomis' 841, and forecast's ISB841. I've landed reds on all these rods up to 26" with no problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster